Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

UK300 racing in nottingham centre fri night

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2002, 01:16 AM
Mcbrun555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heard u screaming from the traffic lights outside ocean on friday night at about 22.35.

nothing had a chance against u!

mcbrun555
Old 04 May 2002, 06:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I take it that its a 30mph zone then? lots of p155ed up people and easy to kill someone, not big, not hard and just damn right stupid [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] places to race but it aint in town!

Tony
Old 04 May 2002, 07:35 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Another one of those pratts giving Scoobie owners a bad name and pushing up insurance. Andybody that thinks street racing is clever is no better than the morons that do it.

Rant over...

Ken
Old 04 May 2002, 08:16 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Nott's city centre was nuts for idiots racing round at night when I was at uni there, guess it still it
Old 04 May 2002, 08:17 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Wink

notts city centre was hell on earth at any time for driving !
Old 05 May 2002, 12:15 AM
Mcbrun555
Scooby Regular

Yea, thought it was a bit of a swarve car for two 25 year old's to be cruising around in. But it did sound mighty nice at full chat!

shame he was only racing a 1.2 nova with a 'wanna be impreza' scoop.

still they pays there money (or not as the case may be)

mcbrun555
Old 05 May 2002, 04:09 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Jesus have you heard your selfs ????? FFS. That might have been the only ever time he has actually given it some pastie from the lights, and all of a sudden he should be hung drawn and quatered ?

Was he racing ? Doesn't say so . There's no law in gtting to 30 in two seconds.

And who gives a rats *** if he's giving "us" a bad name. I own and drive a Scooby. One word . Proud.

When someone see's you in your's, they aren't going to thing, "oh, there's a Subura...i saw a Subaru last night driving like a c**t...so obviously he must be one..."

Get a grip !
Old 05 May 2002, 07:27 PM
Harps WRX
Scooby Regular

good lad terzo
Old 05 May 2002, 07:43 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I condone any sort of racing in town where people can come out of pubs, cross a road and get run over by a total idiot who hasnt seen them cos hes too busy trying to outpace the car next to him [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and if you think its great to do 0-30 in town in 2 secs then i condone you too for being an idiot [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
As i stated before, there are times and places to open up your car, lights from duel carriageways where there are no pedestrians is a good one as the risk of any sort of incident with pedestrians is virtually zero, and the fact that he needed to prove his car against a nova, well that says it all doesnt it, fool.....

Tony[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05 May 2002, 08:17 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Tony,

Are you sure you meant condone?

Old 05 May 2002, 08:45 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

living in Nottingham i know from experience that not everybody goes onto the circuit just to race, alot of people just cruise round trying to pull women that come or are leaving ocean and alot more for the social atmosphere.

Street racing is not big or clever but it happens, i think everyone must have taken part in it and its about being young and trying to impress.

Yes its a public place and alot of pissed up ******* are about but they all think they are invincible. Its not hard for them to see cars are going fast so maybe they should get the message and use the crossing instead of trying to dodge in between cars.
Plus its not only young lads or girls thats go fast round there, ive seen many a taxi race around like theres no tommorrow.
To top it off ive seen a police T5 spin out on one of the corners
What more can i say???

Old 05 May 2002, 09:05 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

I don't race in built up areas or roads I don't know, and agree with Tony that it's stupid, but I bought an Impreza for the pleasure it gives when driving fast, and driving fast anywhere is dangerous and people must be prepared to pay the consequences. It would be nice to know where you drive yours fast Tony because I can't afford track days and can't understand why people buy fast cars to drive within these ****ty slow limits.
J

P.S.
There aren't many cars that will beat an Impreza so it's a bit boring waiting for the one day a year someone pulls alongside with something worthwhile racing. Anyone will do.
Old 05 May 2002, 10:44 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Terzo, next time you creep up behind me on the A61 I will bear your attitude in mind.

You can get really cheap track days if you look for them. There are also a number of old airfields where you can have a blast.

I take my speed frustrations out on the track, but not in the Scoob - something with less finess and a lot more power to weight ratio.

Ken
Old 06 May 2002, 10:40 AM
WrxStiTypeRV5
Scooby Regular

Agree totally with Terzo. Flooring it from the lights isn't street racing. Ok friday night isn't the best time to do it with all the drunks but wheres the harm(if the roads clear) up to 30 mph for christs sake. I've seen a lot worse driving through town centres like madman on steroids! So don't make snap judgements about 'giving us scooby owners a bad name.' You tell me you've never burnt someone off from the lights???? We've all done it!!!

Case is dismissed!!
Old 06 May 2002, 02:28 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Scooby Virgin - What are you crusing around in now? Mum's KA? ******!

You failed to mention getting twatted across four lanes by a taxi driver!

Let me know when you get another Scoobie. I might be tempted to leave the sunshine behind for a week to go back home and have a go!
Old 06 May 2002, 07:46 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Oh ****, no im not driving the Ka, i'm not insured on it.

As for the taxi, they all need to learn how to drive.

Old 06 May 2002, 11:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

WRX, the point we are trying to get across isnt the fact that the guy has gone fast from the lights, its the fact that hes done it in a busy town centre at 22.35hrs on a friday night, which even you have to admit is pretty stupid with the ammout of people around who no doubt have been out since end of work due to the fact that its a bank holiday.
I have blasts from lights but not in towns, there is a lovely bit of duel carriageway near me no places for cops to park up or pedestrians to harm and if you get there and your the only one at the lights its nice to clean your clutch plates but in town?? never ever, sorry (now its story time why i dont!!)
Several years back when i was younger (in my mid 20's) myself and a mate of mine were crossing a zebra crossing, one way circuit, when down at the bottom of the street (approx 100mtrs) mr nova comes up, doing around 30 until he sees myself and me mate crossing over the zebra, then mr nova floors it, making myself and my mate run the last bit of the crossing..... bet he thought that was funny cos he was speeding in town didnt he?? well mr police car didnt think so who was parked on the opposite corner ooooooooops and mr nova got done for that shame eh
But if mr uk300 floored it with car next to him hes going to be doing a little more than 30 IMHO from the lights, you dont just do 30 in 1st then give up (do you???) cos you aint proved anything and the fact that you have to prove anything to start with (esp against something small and pathetic) means your missing the point about scoob ownership cos we know that we kick nova *** so even i dont play with said vehicles as they are pathetic

Tony