Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Cheeky Plod

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2011, 10:32 PM
scoobydoobytim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheeky Plod

As above. Coming home from shopping today along a single carrigway national speed limit road, when an Astra parked at the side of the road decided to pull out with me 150 yards away without indicating so I did the decent thing flew past him so I didn't run in his **** end. Made my way home through my estate with the Astra following me sure enough pull up my drive the Astra pulls up behind me out jumps plod wants to speak to me about my manner of driving. In the end he conceded he was in the wrong and commended me doing 28 through a 30 but then went on to tell me expect to be pulled in a car like this. What the f**k has that got to do with it if I am not breaking the law. I can only imagine he was picked on as a child Anybody else been victimised because of our choice of car?
Old 02 December 2011, 11:57 AM
Micheru
Scooby Regular

Not yet, touch wood. Might have something to do with having a wagon though. Been past police cars parked up watching the A14/12 plenty of times and they've never come after me, though obviously I don't go over the speed limit.

I used to get pulled over in London a lot while at Uni because my car was registered to my home address and they thought it may be stolen.
Old 02 December 2011, 03:40 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Try living in North wales mate, not been pulled since 31/01/09 when i collected some points, in the last three weeks since a bought the classic have been stopped for (random checks) 9 times!
Both by North wales and Cheshire, and told by both the same "expect to be pulled in this" bull.
What's it gonna be like when i win the lottery and have a veyron? lol
Old 02 December 2011, 04:27 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steve ex vauxhall
Try living in North wales mate.
I do, have done for 3 years now. I drive a noisy BRIGHT blue classic (can't miss me ) and I've not been bothered once by the plod *touches wood*
Old 02 December 2011, 05:13 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Never been pulled, owned the car for nearly 4 years now, perhaps its my grey hair!
Old 02 December 2011, 06:44 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

never been pulled up, first car was a classic soft top mini with 146bhp at wheels (still got it now) second was pug 106 gti, third was a normal sri vectra so fairly normal, forth was a turbo 2000 classic impreza and current is a hawkeye type 20.

so only really had one normal car in my time but never been pulled which is not bad bearing in mind im only 25 with the type of cars im driving about in and my age i thought i would be constantly be stopped but nope
Old 02 December 2011, 07:13 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Never been pulled in the last 8 years of owning a Scoob.

Trending Topics

Old 02 December 2011, 07:27 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Only been pulled once since getting mine back in 2005. Ended up getting an appology from his inspector due to the officers demeanor when he stopped me. Same thing, he was driving dangerously, cut me up 3 times and when I went to scoot passed him he straddled both lanes whilst slamming on his brakes before putting on his lights. Pulled me over in an unsafe position (he was infront of me) was shouting and screaming including swearing at me and to top it off he slammed my door.

the guy was a d1ck on a power trip. The Police on the whole are an excellent bunch of folk, its a shame these few characters give them such a bad reputation. Still surprised I didnt get pulled on every possible occasion after that one!!!...lol

Graeme
Old 02 December 2011, 08:13 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I must have more markers on my car than I`ve stone chips, as I`m yet to be pulled apart from the usual "Is this your car sir?" when standing next to it, mind you the excuse (of being pulled) comes in handy lol.

Last edited by Jimbob; 02 December 2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02 December 2011, 10:14 PM
Scooby Jo
Scooby Regular

Been pulled 3 times, once on my motorbike and twice in scoobs, always cos it was my fault so can't complain. I have used my assets each time to dodge a ticket, next time it will be a female cop and I'll be out of luck

Went thru stop and check this morning and they didnt pull me
Old 03 December 2011, 07:32 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been pulled only once in 6 years of ownership, in Twickenham by a lone (and quite hot) WPC in a riot van.
When asked what the problem was, she said "oh I was told to stop any cars like this as they're likely to be stolen."
She then went on to say "the fact that you stopped would probably indicate otherwise, which is just as well because I'd never have caught you in the van"

Asked to see the VIN plate, then came back and asked me where the VIN plate was after I'd lifted the bonnet and left her to it, but tbh she was only doing what she'd been told to by her control, and was very pleasant so neither me or the missus minded that she'd made us 20 minutes late for dinner.

I do think the whole "pull it because it's an Impreza" is a load of tosh though - if they're being driven recklessly then yes, throw the book at the owner by all means, but otherwise get out and stop the drunken drivers weaving all over the road, or the boy racers in fiestas and corsas screaming the **** off their engines playing traffic light grand prix and taking terrifying risks just to get one over on each other - never ends well!
Old 12 December 2011, 09:40 PM
ShaunFlucker
Scooby Regular

I'm 21 and yet to be pulled in the scoob. Been pulled in every other car I've owned.
Old 13 December 2011, 09:14 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Dont get me wrong i dont drive like a tw@, well not all the time anyway, lol, i have been stopped again twice this week, but i think it is the time i'm out and nothing to do with anything else.
Some days i have to start work at 02.30, and drive right past the new deeside nick, they can hear me coming at night when nobody else is about.
Believe it or not on monday night i was stopped in the scoob at 02.30 on way in to work, then stopped half an hour later in the truck for a "random check" by the same copper! i just said what another check, he looked at me, realised we had seen each other within the last hour, said mind how you go , and let me on my way!
Old 14 December 2011, 10:08 AM
ShaunFlucker
Scooby Regular

I've had 5. My first was a mk2 xr2, then a mk2 golf gti, then a 106 gti, then a fabia vrs and now a blob eye wrx.
Old 14 December 2011, 03:33 PM
lee67
Scooby Regular

havnt been stopped in the scooby yet,plenty of looks by cops..probably the grey hair makes em think twice lol...got stopped alot in my old skoda exworks rally extelle...went like stink and sounded great
Old 14 December 2011, 03:46 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

get traffic plod pulling up next to me in mine espcially since graphics gone on.they see a 40 year old bloke driving and the rifles badge next to my tax disc and just nod and bugger off.
Old 05 January 2012, 10:55 AM
Frylite
Scooby Regular

i have a bugeye sti i'm 21 and live in north wales and i have only been pulled once.....he said i floored it out of a junction funny thing is i had no fuel and didnt go above 3k revs lol......
Old 05 January 2012, 11:42 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frylite
i have a bugeye sti i'm 21 and live in north wales and i have only been pulled once.....he said i floored it out of a junction funny thing is i had no fuel and didnt go above 3k revs lol......
I guess it could depend what exhaust you had fitted.
One problem with loud exhausts is they can attract the wrong sort of attention - to the uneducated copper, it probably sounds like you are roaring off down the road, when in fact it's just at low revs!

Unfortunately, regardless of the car you drive, the younger you are the more likely you are to get pulled, but if the car looks modified, I think this increases your chances.

Mine looks fairly standard, and I've only ever been stopped once in 7 years of ownership, but if I compare this back to the days where I used to have a Citroen AX GT (that probably looked like a boy racer car) when I was 19, I used to get stopped a lot more. In the space of a year I got 3 producers (biggest waste of time going IMHO).

I'd suggest if you have rally decals etc you're probably going to get more of the same at first glance at least.
Think perhaps we need to give the guys a bit of a break sometimes, there are definitely more good than bad IMHO.
A guy in our local club is in the police and loves the cars.
Old 07 January 2012, 06:02 PM
Frylite
Scooby Regular

i have a standard exhaust on it atm. when the cop kept asking why i was in a hurry i felt like saying you have no idea how fast that car is then if you think under 3k rev is a fast take off....
Old 19 January 2012, 12:29 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I got pulled last week.

The car is quite distinctive. The officer was pleasent enough and unusually honest.

He said "You haven't done anything wrong it's just that I've heard about this car and wanted a look at it".

Got talking to him turns out he had a Blob STI. Coppers are like days at work you have good ones and bad ones
Old 19 January 2012, 01:37 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I got pulled last week.

Got talking to him turns out he had a Blob STI. Coppers are like days at work you have good ones and bad ones
You tell him about scoobynet ?? whatever happened to Tizzy from the police interceptors he still around s/n ??