Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Fiesta SuperSport smashing into Renault 5 Turbo @ CC

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2002, 10:18 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Nice little smashup - was it the cavalier's fault???

Old 27 April 2002, 10:34 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

rofl, love seeing Max Power cars getting stuffed

I had 5 laps in me MY01, then went round in me m8's £20 Mk2 Golf GTi MOT reject, after being told NOT to overtake on the corners some **** in a black Pug 306 overtook us on the last bend before the start/finish line, locked up at last second, backend went light, fishtailed and then spun out onto the grass and slid into the tyre barrier, nearly choked myself laffing, really made my day
Old 28 April 2002, 12:35 AM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Angry

i was well annoyed by the end of the day - I lugged around a hauge! DV camera - only to miss 95% or incidents of which 40% were infront of me and i didnt have the camera ready (e.g. camera off, filming other cars, lens cap on, battery flat, etc..... etc.... )
Old 28 April 2002, 08:28 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Angry

i was well annoyed by the end of the day - I lugged around a hauge! DV camera - only to miss 95% or incidents of which 40% were infront of me and i didnt have the camera ready (e.g. camera off, filming other cars, lens cap on, battery flat, etc..... etc.... )
I hope that reads diferently to the way it was.....you make it sound like you are disappointed you didnt manage to film other people crashing their cars so you could have a laugh.
Old 28 April 2002, 08:46 AM
PAS
Scooby Regular

Crash videos sell well in all the shops so people must be interested in seeing crashes ( if no one gets hurt)
Each to their own
paul
Old 28 April 2002, 10:29 AM
200PlusClub
Scooby Regular

big goon
i was following you in my mates lovely Cortina Zetec, and watched you and he have that moment! we just jumped on the brakes as we could see what was going to happen, he should not have tried to go inside you at that point, he should have waited until after the bend to pass you.
you could actually see the insdie rear lift, then the back end slide, i assume he got lift off oversteer, he then overcorrected and cut back across you! he was lucky to swipe the tyres side on instead of head on. did you see what damage he suffered at all?
rgds
chris m
coupe turbo n cortina DTA zetec!
Old 28 April 2002, 11:18 AM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Well the Pug 306 driver didn't like an old 8v GTi being in front him so he just lunged down the inside, my m8 just kept over to the left and let him get on with it.

Never saw the car in the car park afterwards, prolly thinking up an excuse to tell mummy.

I hate to see well driven cars being involved in an accident, but when its people that blatently ignore the rules stated clearly in the briefing then thats another matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like it was nearly all the Max boys wrecking their cars ?

Looking back on it, I wouldn't take my car around in that kind of event again, I'm looking forward to an organised SIDC/Easytrack day, so I can drive with like minded people that adhere to the rules and drive quality cars.

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2002, 12:24 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Cool

I hope that reads diferently to the way it was.....you make it sound like you are disappointed you didnt manage to film other people crashing their cars so you could have a laugh.
DocJock - yeah you can take that two ways , but "everyone" has a morbid cureosity, Take Channel5 as an example!
It just got annoying that all the people next to me are like "Did you get it???" - "S4it! over there!" - "Big Smash Up!!! Are you filming!!?" etc etc.... But i didn't let it spoil my enjoyment of the day.

By the end of the day it just started getting annoying - but its sods law - I'aint no BBC/Sky and dont have a camera crew on every corner .

But I still got 20mins of "nice" footage of cars (mainly scoob's/evo's and a few interesting/classic's), Especially Squizz's Black Hole Exhaust leaving the meeting point car park .

Video footage will be online during the week - any preference of video format? (DiVX/MPEG 2/Quicktime).
Old 28 April 2002, 12:26 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

Cool

BigGoon - yeah it looked mainly like the MaxPower boys that damaged their cars, most of the other drivers were quite sensible or just pushing the car's limits...
Old 28 April 2002, 01:23 PM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

So the blue Ferrari 348 (complete with Demon Tweaks sticker) that turned in far too early and then booted it to get that massive tail slide at Tower Corner on the cooling down lap was sensible???!!!

How about the red RS2000 - nice car but what a maniac driver!

The best driver there was the bloke (I presume) in the Estoril Blue E36 M3 that was probably the quickest all day.
Old 28 April 2002, 06:27 PM
Sparks
Scooby Regular

Anyone see the silver supra on the last session ?

stopped on the far side of the circuit, bonnet up, lots of steam / smoke. Waited for it to be towed round, he had stacked it, nearside all pushed in on the last lap of the last session. bet he wasn't pleased.

Did anyone see the norris Evo 5?
A couple of quick evo 6s out there.

Lots of morbid spectators about running to see accidents all day.

Old 28 April 2002, 07:08 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Saw the crash with the 306 , the crowd went wild cheering and clapping , father was convinced he was going to roll it . Thought first of all there was oil on the track as another car almost lost it just befor the 306 . Went looking for the car in the pits but couldn't find it .
Old 28 April 2002, 07:56 PM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Snowcrash
see my post on track days etc, I was standing by the Marshall post when the Renault & Fiesta connected, read this after I had posted
Stuart
Old 29 April 2002, 08:20 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Especially Squizz's Black Hole Exhaust leaving the meeting point car park.
Moi?

Nice to meet you guys at the Cross Hands.
Old 29 April 2002, 12:52 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

lol - yep squizz's black hole

it was nice meeting up with you guys too...