Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Swindon P1s

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2002, 04:43 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

About 1330 today I was giving a friend a lift into the Audi garage in Swindon.
Met a P1 on the J16 roundabout; thought we'd divert briefly so chased/were chased up the Great Western Way to the Peugeot garage roundabout. The P1 had, I think, a Scoobysport exhaust. Doing a 180 round the roundabout (he carried straight on) to head back down the Great Western Way to the Audi garage and there was another P1 (common as muck these things! ), a Y reg with, I think, Cibie SC driving lamps in place of the usual driving lights. Thus ensued another blast down the A3102.
I think I also saw the second P1 in Simpsons service place yesterday?
I was the Mica Red turbo with gold P1 alloys
Old 17 April 2002, 08:14 PM
bruce
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi Simon I saw a Red Mica with Gold wheels going North on the A419 at about 8.45 this morning, was that you?. I was in the 1.5 mile que.
Old 17 April 2002, 08:45 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Smile

Bruce
Not me this morning! Late start today
Old 18 April 2002, 10:04 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Simon - I was the P1 at Simpsons and down the Great Western yesterday. Having some front vibration problems at speed. Thanks for helping in the test. (Simpsons didn't fix it) Nearly **** meself when I saw the police sat at the roundabout.

What exhaust have you got on - sounded lovely. I want one.

cheers

Paul
Old 18 April 2002, 11:35 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Medders

Lol re the feds! Bit of a late spot on my part too I was then worried that he'd seen me coming off that roundabout 3 minutes earlier with the other P1!

The exhaust is a scoobysport downpipe, magnex centre and PPP backbox. It used to be a WR backbox but this one is lot more subtle until you open it up
I had a close inspection of your driving lights at Simpsons on Tuesday; are they the Scoobymania ones? Look good - a lot less "sticky-outy" than others I've seen. Do the STi covers still fit?

I've also had a vibration problem at speed; over about 90 (on private roads etc etc) I get a front end vibration. I reckon it's my new Godspeed discs - I'm getting it booked in them so Ian can check them out.

See you again