Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

BX51*** DBM MY01 Silverstone

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2002, 03:15 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice looking car! Hope I didn't hold you up, but I was in something a little slower than your car (70 years old, twice the weight, half the power).

Duncan
Old 11 April 2002, 06:40 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Duncan, if your were the one on the road to the left out of Silverstone, then you were making good progress when you got up to speed. I managed to get you out of the bend though

It was a nice day to be out in the open (albeit a tad chilly) - what was you mota?

I had just been to the DeWalt PowerDrive at Silverstone - karting, quads, hovercraft etc. as "prizes" for winning games such as how many holes can you drill in 15 minutes, and how long can you hold a power-drill out at (a single) arms length. Sadly my IT background hadn't honed my muscles enough to compete with brickies and the like

Oh, and you probably got to where you were going long before me. It seems that there is only one sign saying M40 (left) when you exit the circuit - after that you are on your own (i ended up in Bicester!).

Cheers,

mb
Old 12 April 2002, 06:50 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Duncan,

must admit, it did look a beast!!! You must have had a great drivers view (sans headrests, seatbelts, roof etc!).

BTW, signposting is not the only problem. For some reason the A43 seems to have a lot of "accident blackspots" on brand new sections of dual carriageway!!!

Cheers,

mb
Old 04 December 2002, 07:56 AM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

mb

Yes, that was me. The car is a 1930 4.5 litre Bentley. But, acceleration on a cold engine and straight 50 oil (none of the Scoob type synthetic multigrade) is not a strong point.

As you say, the signposting is a nightmare. FYI, you need to take the first right at the crossroads by Stowe school.

Cheers

Duncan

[Edited by BugEyed - 4/12/2002 8:00:40 AM]