Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Duck pond on m40

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2009, 07:21 PM
aez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duck pond on m40

Just thought i would say hello after following you on the m40 again I could tell it was you by the way you were driving your car
Old 26 November 2009, 09:10 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Sensibly of course Was a Friday after all...

I thought it was strange when, after being followed for a few mins and not dropping you, that when I got the chance to pull out of the way, you started flashing to let me out... then I heard / saw you pull alongside.

I didn't really get very close down towards Becketts Farm, did I? Then again, my tractor has less than half the bhp I suppose!
Old 26 November 2009, 09:35 PM
aez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
Sensibly of course Was a Friday after all...

I thought it was strange when, after being followed for a few mins and not dropping you, that when I got the chance to pull out of the way, you started flashing to let me out... then I heard / saw you pull alongside.

I didn't really get very close down towards Becketts Farm, did I? Then again, my tractor has less than half the bhp I suppose!

i was looking at the back of your car at the island by blockbusters and thinking to myself was that you, then when we got to the M40 i thought there cant be many cars like yours going the same way, in fairness your car pulls very well when I'm in 5th gear on the motorway i don't seam to drop you so i need to change down to make some ground but my turbo is very laggy so i take it you live near the A435?
Old 27 November 2009, 04:06 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

I was on my way over to see the old man - he lives closer to junction 3 than 2, where I lurk - where I followed you to last time.

The Fabia is good on the motorway - in 6th at 60/70 mph it'll leave a lot of much faster cars for dead as it's right in the power band, on the turbo. Put it against the same faster car when the gearings are evenly matched and it'll be obliterated.

Plus, the fact it's shaped like a house brick means it runs out of any form of aerodynamics at 110 and grinds to a crawl! But that's fast enough and it's still doing 40mpg even then.

Where do you work in Leam?
Old 27 November 2009, 09:07 PM
aez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
I was on my way over to see the old man - he lives closer to junction 3 than 2, where I lurk - where I followed you to last time.

The Fabia is good on the motorway - in 6th at 60/70 mph it'll leave a lot of much faster cars for dead as it's right in the power band, on the turbo. Put it against the same faster car when the gearings are evenly matched and it'll be obliterated.

Plus, the fact it's shaped like a house brick means it runs out of any form of aerodynamics at 110 and grinds to a crawl! But that's fast enough and it's still doing 40mpg even then.

Where do you work in Leam?

i lurk between 2 and 3 as well i grew up around kings heath so most of my mates are round there plus 3 times a week i go the gym at the maypole in sainsburys that's where i was off to last friday but when I'm going home i come off at juc 2.

I was thinking your car would not of used much fuel the other night as i watch mine go from 1/2 a tank to a 1/4 but its a work horse in my eyes so when its my day off i make my misses drive everywhere its only right