Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

53 plate Blue M40 / M42 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2009, 08:51 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 53 plate Blue M40 / M42 yesterday

I was following you, laughing at the noise yours was making as you kept booting it every time the traffic cleared.

** 53 MLE

I was in the Skoda behind, btw. I really ought to use my Scoob more...
Old 02 October 2009, 08:41 AM
aez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Duck_Pond
I was following you, laughing at the noise yours was making as you kept booting it every time the traffic cleared.

** 53 MLE

I was in the Skoda behind, btw. I really ought to use my Scoob more...

yes you where the one who liked being 1" from my bumper i thought chav

Old 05 October 2009, 02:59 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by aez
yes you where the one who liked being 1" from my bumper i thought chav

I wasn't anywhere near that close.

Certainly no closer than you were behind me...
Old 09 October 2009, 08:48 AM
aez
Scooby Regular

I wasn't anywhere near that close.

Certainly no closer than you were behind me...

i could'nt even see your number plate at one point so how come you dont use your scooby anymore?
Old 14 October 2009, 04:08 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

22,000 miles per annum in the Scooby, averaging 20mpg was getting a bit much on the old wallet! Not to mention the tyres, services etc that goes with it all.

So the vRS is used now, as it does circa 50mpg regardless of my driving style (have seen 80mpg out of it across Cambridgeshire), is a lot quieter and more relaxing to drive, so is better suited to trundling along the m-ways daily. And it's fun to drive - pulls well in all gears, especially at m-way speeds.

Still use the Scooby, at weekends or occasional days to work, but it frustrates me given the amount of traffic, fecking speed cameras everywhere and unmarked coppers. There are loads around here that are using older cars to nab you, so watch out...

Probably ought to sell it and move on, but I still can't quite bring myself to do so.

What exhaust is on yours?
Old 15 October 2009, 03:03 PM
aez
Scooby Regular

22,000 miles per annum in the Scooby, averaging 20mpg was getting a bit much on the old wallet! Not to mention the tyres, services etc that goes with it all.

So the vRS is used now, as it does circa 50mpg regardless of my driving style (have seen 80mpg out of it across Cambridgeshire), is a lot quieter and more relaxing to drive, so is better suited to trundling along the m-ways daily. And it's fun to drive - pulls well in all gears, especially at m-way speeds.

Still use the Scooby, at weekends or occasional days to work, but it frustrates me given the amount of traffic, fecking speed cameras everywhere and unmarked coppers. There are loads around here that are using older cars to nab you, so watch out...

Probably ought to sell it and move on, but I still can't quite bring myself to do so.

What exhaust is on yours?
i can see your point i live in birmingham but been traveling to leamington to work for 11 years now and been using scoobys for at least 8 years of them. Always thought of a second car but i never got round to it, my last scooby i drove up to 110,000 miles and it still went strong untill i sold it for the one i got now.

i always try and look at the grills of cars behind just in case there unmarked and lets face it warwickshire has a fair few of them almost got court out by that r32 golf one of the days.

my exhaust a lot of people in the midland section call me an asbo cos of how loud the car is well it starts with gt headers and maching up pipe, open neck down pipe into blitz nur spec, you either love it or hate it but if i was following my car i would hate it
Old 16 October 2009, 04:17 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

I could hear it over the CD I was playing. Quiet, it isn't

I used my Scooby for about 5 years commuting to and from Leam Spa. And a Celica before that, albeit non-turbo. Would often come back through the lanes just to avoid the boredom of the m-ways. But even those routes are jam-packed these days. Just pi**es me off when I use it nowadays. Sat in traffic jams, knowing it's blowing fuel out the exhaust...

Had a Rover 420Di for a year as a 2nd car but it was so slow, I had to get out when I first drove it to check the details on the back! Traded it in after 12 months, before I needed a pipe and slippers.

Hence the vRS. It's not perfect. Understeers like mad, sounds like a tractor at low revs and is a bit small, but it's amusing.

I'll keep a look out for you again, though I suspect I'll hear you before seeing you next time.