Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

P1 in Rickmansworth...X*** DYB

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2009, 05:09 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P1 in Rickmansworth...X*** DYB

Just seen a lovely P1 heading towards Ricky, was really clean and looked the business!!! Awesome looking car...

I was in a crappy red Citroen ZX at the station roundabout.
Old 27 February 2009, 03:46 PM
rezaP1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was me mate ... just bringing her home from a big service and she felt lovely. Where you behind me coming up to the roundabout or on it??
Thanks for the nice comments ... i keep her as mint as i can but she was a little dirty afer her service. £600 at subaru for a major service and they dont wash the damn thing - i've given up asking them after 5 years lol
Old 27 February 2009, 09:57 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

I followed you from when you came over the M25, was gonna try it on at the lights but you very gracefully went off in front of me! I was in a red Citroen, wouldn't have put up much of a fight.

Where did you take it mate? I used to use Adams in Aylesbury, they were pretty good. As for the washing thing- I now ask garages NOT to wash it as our Cooper S was scratched to buggery after going in for a service- better to have a dirty car with no scratches than one thats been cleaned with a scouring pad!!!

If you're a local fella then come along to MSOC's mini meets, there's one on the 15th of next month if you fancy it, it's a good chance to share your beast with people who appreciate it and we always get a nice drive in too! Details in Southern section. If thats not your bag then no worries. Look after that car of yours, it's stunning.
Old 28 February 2009, 01:48 AM
dlatch
Scooby Regular

Reza
i am in chorleywood so if you see me give a wave
Old 03 March 2009, 01:40 PM
rezaP1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikee
I followed you from when you came over the M25, was gonna try it on at the lights but you very gracefully went off in front of me! I was in a red Citroen, wouldn't have put up much of a fight.

Where did you take it mate? I used to use Adams in Aylesbury, they were pretty good. As for the washing thing- I now ask garages NOT to wash it as our Cooper S was scratched to buggery after going in for a service- better to have a dirty car with no scratches than one thats been cleaned with a scouring pad!!!

If you're a local fella then come along to MSOC's mini meets, there's one on the 15th of next month if you fancy it, it's a good chance to share your beast with people who appreciate it and we always get a nice drive in too! Details in Southern section. If thats not your bag then no worries. Look after that car of yours, it's stunning.
lol yes i remember the lights above the m25 ... i always take it easy in her for a good 100 ish miles after any service. I was indeed on my way back from adams in aylesbury ... have got to know most of the staff there and they are very good. You're right about the washing thing. I used to get irrate when it wasnt washed but it was more the gesture of it rather than it actually being cleaned because its nearly always freshly washed before it goes in for service. But as i have become more aware of the potential damage of poor washes ( swirl marks etc ) i like you dont ask anymore.

Im not too far from ricky myself ... wheres the meet on the 15th?

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks again for the kind words mate ...
Old 03 March 2009, 01:40 PM
rezaP1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dlatch
Reza
i am in chorleywood so if you see me give a wave
will do!
Old 03 March 2009, 06:37 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Details are here mate...

https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-e...n-17-meet.html

Hope that works- I'm a computer numpty!

Would be good to see you come along mate, even if you just pop in to the Halfway to say a quick "hi". Your car will be very warmly received!
Old 04 March 2009, 04:18 PM
rezaP1
Scooby Regular

Thanks mikee very kind of you. I got a bit confused reading the post regarding dates .. if its the 15th i could make it, but the following weekend im off to prague with the lads for some mature sight seeing and historic education

Is the halfway house the one near ricky station? Whats the "farewell to junction 17" about?
Old 04 March 2009, 07:32 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

I think it's the 15th- the thread is very confusing! The Halfway is the pub on the left just off the roundabout (Ebury roundabout) by the aquadrome as you head into Moneyhill.

And usually we go for a very 'sedate' drive up to the roundabout under J17 (dual carraigeway to the top, round the roundabout, dual carraigeway down again, round the roundabout... yadda yadda...) it's self explanitory once you're there.