Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

do you park next to a scooby..

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2008, 08:50 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default do you park next to a scooby..

if you find a space next to a scoob would you park in that or look for another one?

i try to park next to another scoob as i hope he wont bash my doors when he gets into his car, bit of respect

other car owners tend to be less careful i have found
Old 05 November 2008, 09:06 AM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i know what you mean...................

I always try and park away from everyone else, even if its at the other end of the car park! BUT when you come back their is always some old duffer or a big 7 seater parked next to you

I tell the missus that we are doin' the shopin in her car, and she has to give me the petrol voucher for the 5p off fuel
Old 05 November 2008, 09:11 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

save the car and make some cash as well

i think its about time car parks had places for the sheds to park in, away from ours
Old 05 November 2008, 09:27 AM
whitescoob95
Scooby Regular

i agree its either the scoob or if none there then its the most expensive car i can find lol. door dints frikin hate em
Old 05 November 2008, 01:31 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

I went to the shops last week and parked in a block of empty spaces.
I came out of the shops to find a brand new scooby parked right next to mine (wanting protection I guess).
Old 05 November 2008, 04:16 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

i prefer to park at the end.... so theres 50% less chance some1 will bang his door on me car... and at the end of the road (at work) cuz if any idiot driver would decide to scratch it, he can do it only front/rear as at 1 end its UNPARKABLE LOOLL....
but not going off topic, i WOULD park next to a scoob, just cuz i like to. lol
Old 05 November 2008, 06:38 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

I always park next to nice cars but always tend to park near a scooby if i can

Trending Topics

Old 05 November 2008, 09:33 PM
Lily The Beige
Scooby Regular

I like to look for a scoob to park next to, safety in numbers failing that anything a bit boy/girl racerish. I think they understand that its not just a means of transport.
Old 05 November 2008, 09:49 PM
Lilldic_mossy
Scooby Regular

I always try to park next to either a scooby or something expensive...
I did it the other day and parked next to a blue blob eye, the looks on people driving pass was ! One guy even had a bollocking off his misses for stopping behind us watching us park......

I even try to park out the way of everyone else in work as they all have a habit of opening their door right out in a hurry... .. I even had words with a mate of mine for doing it and his response was "my door has bumper bits on it so it wont do any damage !"..... hate muppets like that !
Old 05 November 2008, 10:05 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

At work, there is my classic, a bugeye, a blobeye, a hawkeye and a hatch who all use the same area of the car park!

However, very rarely do two of us end up parking next to each other......
Old 05 November 2008, 10:33 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

LOL, yes I do, tend to do it even when I`m not in the scooby. Went to the Cinema last night in the mrs astra, spoted a rather nice (And extremely dirty?) P1 with a space next to it so went for that one instead of the various others on offer.
Old 05 November 2008, 10:46 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

i always try and park next to expensive cars too they generally have more respect for yours. Also my girlfriend hates it when i park nowhere near the trolly park but i aint having some parents letting there kids take the trolly back which i see now and again
Old 06 November 2008, 06:55 AM
T4YLOR 83
Scooby Regular

if im shopping i tend to take 2 spaces then you get an extra 3 foot either side plenty of room for people to swing there doors open and not get me
Old 06 November 2008, 08:20 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4YLOR 83
if im shopping i tend to take 2 spaces then you get an extra 3 foot either side plenty of room for people to swing there doors open and not get me

your lucky some dim wit doesn't try to park in a bit of space you have left
Old 06 November 2008, 10:12 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

my friend has an 06 hyundai, not a subaru but his story still counts: parked in asda to do his shopping, after he parks a red van parks next to him, he dos shopping and comes out to find........ the van gone and a huge pool of water on the floor under the left of his car... why? because when the van reversed away they hit my friend's car in the door and left a huge dent in it and also bent the sill at the bottom.

he phoned me and i told him to quickly go get asda to check their cctv and to my friends misfortune, the cameras were facing the wrong way at the time and nothing was seen......... nothing my friend can do but claim on his own insurance......

sorry i forgot about the water... when the van reversed away (reversed with the rear going to the left) and hit my friend's car, they must have got out and seen the damage and then they had some water and they thought that if they could wash off the scrap marks from the rubber from their van that you wouldnt even notice it!!!!?!!??!?!!?

obviously that plan failed and they just left it there for my friend to find.

Last edited by Mew; 06 November 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06 November 2008, 10:24 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

bit like when i had just had a respray, parked in the Harlequin center in Watford and my car was keyed and i was in a disabled spot

the cameras do not stay in one place, they move around so its impossible to see who done it!
Old 06 November 2008, 10:41 AM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

I spose im quite fortunate that my little girl is in a car seat therefore i get to park in mother and baby ..... however there are very few of these spaces, as there are far to many disabled parking spaces, i cant say ive ever been to a supermarket and all the disabled places been taken, at the asda in bletchley there must be something like 30 + spaces for disabled and about 10 for mother and toddler! morrisons the same! but morrisons do have nice wide spaces for mums &tots! tescos again pretty poor!

but at least if one spare and 'some **** with no kids' hasnt parked there , i get to park in one! i have to say though, if i dont have little one with me, EVEN if her seat is in the car i will NOT park in these spaces as i feel it is unfair to those who need them! i do what the rest of you do and park half a mile across the car park in hope my car doesnt get damaged! did that in morrisons, parked alomost in the middle of no where! came out and could barely get in the door of my car as some numpty had parked so close !!! what are thses people thinking!!!

DUH!!!
Old 06 November 2008, 11:03 AM
290 AND READY
Scooby Regular

This thread is so true!!
I always try and get an area of a car pack that is empty.
I hate dings as well..more than scratches!!
I always look at how wide the spaces are.......if they are tight i shall take two just in case some idiot just whacks their door open onto my car. I was on a first date at the bowling recently and took 15 mins to find a suitable space.....the chick was looking at me funny.....wonder why i never saw her again!! lol
Old 06 November 2008, 11:09 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I cannot believe the army of people who think its acceptable to occupy two spaces at a supermarket...
Old 06 November 2008, 11:22 AM
290 AND READY
Scooby Regular

its only because you cant trust the general public to open a bloody door properly with a little respect for vehicles round about them!!!!!!
Old 06 November 2008, 11:38 AM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I cannot believe the army of people who think its acceptable to occupy two spaces at a supermarket...
And I cannot believe the army of people who think it is acceptable to open their doors onto other peoples cars or bash shopping trolleys into them.

Once "joe public" starts showing respect for my property then I'll start respecting "joe public" and use only a single space!
Old 06 November 2008, 11:41 AM
290 AND READY
Scooby Regular

couldnt have put it better myself.....I aint spending 4 grand a year getting my car fixed just because I would feel a lot better for giving someone else a space!!! Sorry.......doesnt work like that
Old 06 November 2008, 11:47 AM
monkeydj
Scooby Regular

I remember sitting in mine on Tesco carpark in Chepstow, minding my own business eating a sandwich when there was a loud thud in the back of the car. To my surprise a little old lady 70+ I swear pushed her trolley into the car for no reason. I saw red and boy was she surprised when I jumped out and gave her the benefit of my detailed knowledge of Roget's Thesaurus for alternative greetings.
Old 06 November 2008, 12:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sosbanite
And I cannot believe the army of people who think it is acceptable to open their doors onto other peoples cars or bash shopping trolleys into them.

Once "joe public" starts showing respect for my property then I'll start respecting "joe public" and use only a single space!
I'm of the exact same mindset. Even in my little Peugeot 205 now I use two spaces when shopping. Ok when I go to any pay and display I use one space, but I find the worst offenders are generally at shopping places like Asdas, Tescos, Morrisions etc. I always park well out the way though, very rarely near the front. Not really fussed of peoples opinions as the "tut-tutter" bridage who look at you funny for using 2 spaces usually then proceed to turn around and whack someone elses car with a trolley/kids leg/door/purse/handbag etc etc.

Bollocks to them.
Old 06 November 2008, 12:16 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I always look for something expensive if there is'nt another scoob about. On a recent trip to London i managed to park between an Aston Martin DB9 and a Porsche 911 Turbo
Old 06 November 2008, 12:34 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes im another unreasonable person that takes two spaces to anyone who says owt about it to me. i'll always park away from every one,as a few years ago i got into a shoving match with some burley moron who dented my wing and then had the cheek to try and intimidate me strange how quickly they apollogise when you put thier thumb on thier wrist
Old 06 November 2008, 12:56 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i bet if i took up two spaces i would end up with dints all over my car
Old 06 November 2008, 01:08 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Was parked in the local Tesco car park in my company Focus listening to the football on the radio while my wife did a bit of shopping. This woman was packing her shopping in her car in the spaces opposite to where i was parked. She obviously didn't realise i was sat there because when the trolley was empty she wizzed it in my direction and it crashed into the front of my car. So these are the sorts of people we are dealing with here!!
Old 06 November 2008, 01:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superstar1
Was parked in the local Tesco car park in my company Focus listening to the football on the radio while my wife did a bit of shopping. This woman was packing her shopping in her car in the spaces opposite to where i was parked. She obviously didn't realise i was sat there because when the trolley was empty she wizzed it in my direction and it crashed into the front of my car. So these are the sorts of people we are dealing with here!!
What did you do?
Old 06 November 2008, 01:21 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
What did you do?
Nothing you can do, it was a woman, say anything or do anything, they just cry rape, verbal assault you name it, not worth the hassle.
Best to take it on the chin and move on while remembering to never park the Scoob in a supermarket car park.
But if it were a man i suppose you could go through the cave man/angry gorilla routine!

Quick Reply: do you park next to a scooby..