Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Rather upset gentleman in a white van, this morning A3095

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2008, 08:23 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rather upset gentleman in a white van, this morning A3095

You decided to turn into me (literally) on the dual carriageway without looking, and then became infuriated when I sounded my horn because you were virtually on top of me.

You then decided to follow me, frequently pulling alongside and shaking your fist and pointing at me; perhaps to display your thanks that I had prevented you from crashing your piece of sh*t into me (although it probably wasn't taxed, MOT'd or insured anyway looking at it), and followed me all the way to work.

Please feel free to do the same tomorrow; I'll bring along my friend Mr Extendable wrench and then we'll see who's chasing who....alternatively how about chilling out a bit!
Old 29 August 2008, 08:56 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WVM strikes again.....

you get them everywhere mate
Old 29 August 2008, 09:02 AM
dark_angel
Scooby Regular

If you've got the index number then why not post it on here :-

BetterDrivingPlease - Help Make Our Roads a Safer Place, report reckless and dangerous drivers

Andy
Old 29 August 2008, 09:04 AM
superstar1
BANNED

Didn't even know white van men posted on here, i'll have to check to see if there's a white van man section
Old 29 August 2008, 09:14 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

thats nothing mate, i had some **** in a bmw 320d this morning, sat in fast lane doing 0 miles an hour then got pee'd off when i undertook him, chased me into town and had a tom and gerry style chase around the whole of the town centre, lost him in the end though.
Old 29 August 2008, 09:16 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

heres a sample from that website:-

"T169 RMH moved erratically from lane to lane without indication narrowly missing vehicles (including mine) between 55-70mph. Driver seen using hand held mobile phone. "

lol. In my opinion, he was going too slow...
Old 29 August 2008, 09:30 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Best bet is to pull in front of them and stop and get out, you find 99% just cr ap themselves and drive off, Had this on the A50 3 guys in a white van, cocking about and pull out for no reason almost took my front end off so I braked and flashed them, so I get the monkey response fist,fingers blah blah,
get past them and there still at it and sit on my bumper for about 11 miles, first island we get to I just stopped get out and walk towards them, All 3 sh it themselves and the driver soon shot off up the grass to escape,
Most Bullies are cowards remember that lol
Old 29 August 2008, 09:55 AM
scooblube
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynewbie72
Best bet is to pull in front of them and stop and get out, you find 99% just cr ap themselves and drive off, Had this on the A50 3 guys in a white van, cocking about and pull out for no reason almost took my front end off so I braked and flashed them, so I get the monkey response fist,fingers blah blah,
get past them and there still at it and sit on my bumper for about 11 miles, first island we get to I just stopped get out and walk towards them, All 3 sh it themselves and the driver soon shot off up the grass to escape,
Most Bullies are cowards remember that lol
Tell that to the guy who tackled Kenneth Noye. Just ignore them - much safer option.
Old 29 August 2008, 10:00 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

if they are tailing you just call the plod and arrange a meeting point

You stop, they bundle out to have a "chat" with you...only to find Mr Plod wishing them a good morning. Done it, seen it, laughed at them.
Old 29 August 2008, 11:34 AM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

Early last year, before I emigrated to Oz, I was driving back to Plymouth after playing a gig in Chard. On my way home I pulled out onto the A30 in my T5 wagon(it was about 1.30 in the morning) and realise that some **** in an E39 Beemer was hammering over the hill towards the back of me. He was going way too fast over a blind hill and I couldn't see him until I was already going down the road. I gave the T5 plenty of berries to make life a little easier for the ***** and, to be fair, there was never really any danger of him hitting me.....

Anyway, the tosser starts doing all the light flashing and hanging off my bumper for about 5 miles until we hit dual carriageway. In the meantime, i'm calling the drummer (who happens to be plod and is about 2 minutes behind me driving an e36 wagon with the guitarist) and he catches us up.

Knobber still keeps flashing me and trying to run me off the road so I pull over to the hard shoulder, he pulls over. I get out, he gets out (he looks like a shaven ape) and Andy/Chris pull up behind him. Suddenly, monkeyboy realises what's going on, fills his pants, jumps back into his e39 and wheelspins off, engine screaming, like his life depended on it.

And all because he was driving way too fast for the conditions....what a wanchor!
Old 29 August 2008, 11:48 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

hahaah, can see why you immigrated now
Old 29 August 2008, 03:04 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxsti280
thats nothing mate, i had some **** in a bmw 320d this morning, sat in fast lane doing 0 miles an hour then got pee'd off when i undertook him, chased me into town and had a tom and gerry style chase around the whole of the town centre, lost him in the end though.
que benny hill.....
Old 29 August 2008, 04:36 PM
bigvern
Scooby Regular

I had it this morning, pulled out onto a main road although I could see the car coming I gave it some and got flashed as he overtook me at 90 mph + He then proceeded to tailgate/overtake on double whites etc all of the other cars in front.

Life's too short....
Old 29 August 2008, 04:38 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

im a WVM
Old 29 August 2008, 04:43 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 20withascooby
im a WVM
see, my point exactly, they get everywhere
Old 29 August 2008, 06:54 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

I made a minor cockup whilst navigating through roadworks a few years ago on a French motorway, which caused a WVM behind me to brake a bit hard. He went absolutely ape ****! Followed me for about a mile through the roadworks, hooting, yelling obscenities out of the window, waving what looked like a crowbar, right up my bumper, my missus and my parents were in the car, and we were all getting rather concerned. As we got to the end of the road works, there were two Gendarmes on motorbikes waiting, they stopped me, which stopped him. Then in very clear English, one of them asked if we were OK, then suggested we leave whilst they spoke to him. The Gendarme explained that the car behind him had an off-duty policewoman in it, who'd seen what happened and called it in. I was cacking it, but not as much as he was once the boys in pale blue got hold of him. I was shaking for about an hour, had to stop at the nearest services to calm down.
Old 29 August 2008, 07:04 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

i love being a WVM the way ppl brand us all
Old 29 August 2008, 07:14 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

I am a WVM and proud move out the way lol
Old 29 August 2008, 07:32 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dark_angel
If you've got the index number then why not post it on here :-

BetterDrivingPlease - Help Make Our Roads a Safer Place, report reckless and dangerous drivers

Andy
LMAO, a website for snitches, no doubt used by the 20mph micra club and middle lane owners.
Old 29 August 2008, 08:11 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I believe 'Might is Right'
Old 29 August 2008, 09:44 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

I thought I'd have a look at this site as this must be some serious s**t going on.
People do stupid things now and again, I can vouch for that as I'm one of them. It's called being human. Of course it's serious if you have somebody on your tail intent on causing some grief. But this site is a sorry waste of web space imo.
What a fine example of Nanny State mentality this is. It goes without saying that all the 'Good Citizens' that post on this pathetic site all have impeccable driving records and have obviously never exceeded the speed limit!
I'm all for safety and good manners on the road, but just what is this country coming to when all some people want to do is tell tales about parking in the wrong space and having an irregular looking number plate.
And how would you know it's not the 'villains' that are posting malicious info on here?
I'll bet the Boys in Blue have a great time laughing their nuts off about all us plebs having a dig at one another.
Get a life FFS!
Old 30 August 2008, 12:17 AM
madpole
Scooby Newbie

ditto

total waste of network bandwidth
Old 30 August 2008, 02:54 AM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't it be funny if we all started putting Plod plate numbers on there.....
Old 30 August 2008, 05:03 AM
Will Hendrix
Scooby Regular

It's amazing how many entries on that website are for illegal number plates, seems people could do better things with their time.
Old 30 August 2008, 07:38 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Bloosooby - nice one
Old 30 August 2008, 08:11 AM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Luminous
if they are tailing you just call the plod and arrange a meeting point

You stop, they bundle out to have a "chat" with you...only to find Mr Plod wishing them a good morning. Done it, seen it, laughed at them.
But that would mean using a phone while driving

Old 30 August 2008, 09:11 AM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harry007
But that would mean using a phone while driving

But 999 is the only number you can legally ring whilst driving
Old 30 August 2008, 12:36 PM
GaryCee
Scooby Regular

It's really not worth the bother doing the 'Stop and get out' scenario. Here's a little story from a couple of years ago.

I was driving home one night when I had my GTI-6. It was only about 7.30pm and the dual carriage way I was on was totally clear. I was having a nice little run when I noticed a red fiesta coming off the sliproad to join the dual carriage way. Didn't think much of it until the car speeded up (remember it was almost empty) and swerved right in front of me and then slowed down. I thought "Sod this!" so moved over to the other lane and they did the same. I noticed there were 3 chav looking guys in the car and the one in the back was given me the old finger sign and I could read his lips and see that he was calling me a W***er. Every time I changed lanes, they did too. I even slowed right down and let them get in front of me and they did the same. At one point I dropped down the gears, floored it and went to past them and they nearly hit me so I thought "Enough is enough". I signalled to them to pull over and I was really, really wound up and the red mist was in full force.

I know I should have pulled over and then sped off again but I actually, stupidly...stayed where I was. They pulled over about 20ft in front of me and I could easily have driven off but I didn't. Anyway, I stopped the engine and one of them got out and walked towards my car. Little skinny **** end he was and I couldn't see any tools otherwise I would have been out of there pretty sharpish. I was still sat in my car and he came over to me muttered something and then took a swing at me for no reason at all. I'm quite a big bloke and I think he knew he was going to be in the crap because once he did that (he caught the side of my face), he started to trot back to his car. Whilst all of this was happening, his two mates were in the back of the car laughing their heads off. I was out of my car in a flash and legged it towards him, grabbed him and lumped him one. He fell to the floor and actually started crying! I then lost it totally and kicked one of the wing mirrors off their car and went round to where the other little donut was. He was screaming that they thought I was someone else and I just slapped him for the sake of it. I couldn't get to the guy in the back so I left him and as I walked back to my car I booted a bloody great dent in the side of their car.

I was a bit shaky and once I sped off, I slowed down a bit and took it easy on the way home, had a beer when I got in, looked back on it and thought the whole thing could have been a lot worse. Anyway, the next day I was parking my car in town when I saw the same fiesta (dents and one less wing mirror), sitting there in the car park. I sat there for a while and no'one came back to it so I carried on doing what I was supposed to be doing (shopping). It was wierd because about 30 minutes later I went back to my car and noticed a young guy and a girl getting into the fiesta. I decided to go over to them and ask them what the problem was the night before. They were actually very nice and it was quite funny when they told me that the night before they were having a house party and ran out of beers so a few of the guys mates took his car keys and thought that they would go for a spin. He said one of them was sporting a black eye and bruised face and the others kept going on about "some nutter doing them". I said to the guy and the girl what had happened and apologised for the damage to his car but also told them that they were lucky I really didn't lose my rag.

Anyway, apologies for the long story guys....It could have turned around the other way and although I got the better of them (on that occasion), it's really not worth taking the chance as you never know what might happen. It was actually quite scary and very intimidating at the time. I also drive a white van but I'm wary of what other van drivers are like so believe me, I am good as gold on the roads!
Old 30 August 2008, 01:10 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

Top marks for doing the right thing imo, a similar thing happened to me, I got infront of them, hit the brakes and jumped out. There were two lads in the car but the driver just got it into reverse and shot off backwards down the road with me giving it my best jessie owens after them.
These ******* need to be taught some respect, If everyone is intimidated by them and just backs down then the problem only gets worse.
Old 30 August 2008, 06:24 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

That is such a baaaaaaad site....I joined.