Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

sti Bebington

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2008, 10:28 AM
mike.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti Bebington

Saw a New 2008 sti in dark grey at the lights outside tesco in bebington, looked very nice, thats the first one i have seen on the road, didnt like the look of them at first, but now they are actually starting to grow on me
Old 27 May 2008, 05:38 PM
midichlorian
Scooby Regular

That's my one!

Great to see some like the new shape. The more I look at it the more it looks the business. I can see how it resembles the hawkeye now.....or maybe its just me.

When I figure out how to do it I'll post some photos on my profile.

Thanks for spotting me!!

G
Old 27 May 2008, 09:45 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

I think you went for the right colour there mate, I will keep an eye out for you out and about, oh yeah, i was the green classic that went past you an give you a nod then turned into Tesco
Old 27 May 2008, 10:48 PM
midichlorian
Scooby Regular

Hi Mike,

Yes I remember - yours is best classic I've seen around the Wirral - not overstated like some! Great colour, those alloys & mudflaps are mint also.

Am Jealous of your exhaust note though
Old 28 May 2008, 01:19 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, i went for green because you dont see to many of them, plus like you said it doesnt standout as much, but then you hear the thing before you see it, so not so discreet

So does yours not have much of a burble then, ive hear that have lost it a bit??
Old 28 May 2008, 07:17 PM
midichlorian
Scooby Regular

Definitely!

Much less noise than my 07wrx, although that had a prodrive backbox on it & maybe was a bit more pronounced than normal.

I guess most Impreza's I've heard have some sort of aftermarket exhaust fitted, but even the apparently std sti's or wrx's are much louder than mine

But the main difference is inside. When I'm out of the car it has the familliar warble, but when driving it's barely noticable. Starting to **** the wife & kids off a little cause I keep insisting the windows are kept fully open. The engine noise is great above 3500rpm, & that's without opening it up because I'm still running it in.

I may splash on a louder exhaust in future but probably only when a few 08 sti exhausts have been on the market & I've read enough views in this forum - and I don't know the first thing about exhausts so I guess I'll be reading a lot