Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A10 yesterday morning - blue 5dr

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 09:22 AM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was a perfectly clear day mate - she should not have had them on - you will end up with a fine (or she will), besides it winds up most drivers on the road (including you surely), especially fogs that size.

Tell her not to feel guilty for not waving, only the minority do - so I don't expect it now and oftern don't bother now.

Nice car, I've never really thought silver was a good colour for a scoob, but yours looked great.

[Edited by Reidy - 2/1/2002 9:23:52 AM]
Old 31 January 2002, 08:19 AM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

My other half said a blue wagon flashed her near Thunderidge on the A10 ... you were coming southbound towards Ware, she was in a Silver 4dr MY99 Turbo.

Any takers?
Old 31 January 2002, 01:21 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

it was me matey I think - what time approx?
Old 31 January 2002, 01:57 PM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

I think it was c. 8:45am ....
Old 31 January 2002, 03:10 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

twas me - was the missus driving with fogs on?

nice car and wife (difficult one this as I did not just want to comment on the car - similarly, commenting on your wife is inappropriate as well!)

I'll stop now.
Paul
Old 31 January 2002, 04:47 PM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

Paul - yeah, the fogs are always on mate due to the headlights being so crap!! She came home saying 'how quilty she felt' for not waving ... she only saw you at the minute!!

Cheers
Phil
Old 01 February 2002, 01:19 PM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

Reidy - I know about the fogs, you have a good point! They will come off, sometimes forget about them to be honest because we live by a river and is sometimes foggy ... just took delivery of some new bulbs so they will go in early next week!

The car does look nice in silver, glad you like it! Looks better when it is clean!! What model have you got ... all I know is that its a 5dr ......

Cheers
Phil

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2002, 02:45 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Its a 5dr MY01 in WR Blue with a prodrive back box and morettes.

I really enjoy it - looks have grown on me and the power is as much as any driving enthusiast could want day to day.

I have owned a MY00 4dr in DBM in the past and do not think there is much to choose between the two cars. I used to own a Westfield for fun as well - a 200 bhp monster! but terribly impractical.

I am not into heavy mods - the car does enough without it and would rather develop my driving skills that add bits to the car that you cannot really take away with you when it goes.

Wifey drives a mini cooper - new one so we have fun in it as well!

Reason for a 5dr - nope no kids but am a dog lover. Also, used to get every boy racer in England after me in the 4 dr - the estate is more understated.

Jees, just read this - I sound 45 and I'm only 27!
Paul
Old 01 February 2002, 04:52 PM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

Reidy - sounds a nice motor. My wife wanted the 5dr as we are dog lovers too (got a 20 month old Staff), but I've always wanted a 4dr so that's what we got - being young an' all - she's only 23 and I'm 26!! I must admit the wagon is very understated but having test driven one feels very similar to the 4dr, and like you say is much more practical especially with a mutt! What hound have you got?

What's the Cooper like? I quite like them but never been in one.

Phil
Old 04 February 2002, 09:17 AM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

we have an 18 month old Irish (or Red) Setter - she is an absolute sweetheart and gets a little stressed out by the exhaust on longer journeys - she used to be sick in the 4dr with the scoobysport exhaust! Have you spent money on yours - I remember it looking like there were coded skirts on it?

Cooper is a superb car (only had it for a week) but I am convinces I could live with the impreza around bends in it. I've never driven a front wheel drive car that is so well set up! It looks fab as well - ours is BRG of course.

Where in Herts are you from (don't say exactly of course)? Is it dog friendly? Where do you walk it?
Old 04 February 2002, 01:40 PM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

Reidy - dog sounds lovely! My wife says she'll look out for you in future ....

Sal - are you satisfied now????!!!

Phil
Old 04 February 2002, 01:51 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Sal, did not hijack our thread - nice to hear from you.

Will look out for you both in future. Might try the towpath for ours sometime soon.
Old 04 February 2002, 01:52 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Sal, what are you driving?
Old 04 February 2002, 03:02 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

this...

and maybe (hopefully) a heavily modded Mini soon, I'd really like a new Mini though and am very jealous of your wife Paul

Sal
Old 04 February 2002, 05:40 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

wow,
nice indeed. Looks great in Black but must be a bugger to keep clean.
What are your feelings on the morettes? are they as they came or have you had the bulbs changed?

I would recommend the mini whole heartedly - so far the rumours on build quality are rubbish - it seems well screwed together! Some tosspot has scratched the drivers door though - a 6/7 inch light scratch - not malicious in my opinion - looks like a car park thing!
Old 02 April 2002, 10:38 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Paul - Phil is from the 'East Herts Scooby Massive' but he won't put it in his profile even tho' I've asked him to loads of times (can't think why not )

Me and my other half are practicaly his and his wifes neighbours, we are also Staff and scoob owners! We live by the River Lea which has miles and miles of towpath, excellent dog walking territory. Phil must have the most walked dog in the world, I see him walking Jasper at least three times a day, usually up to Ware and back, a good few miles

Sorry to butt in on your thread

Sal.

[Edited by scoobychick - 2/4/2002 11:39:29 AM]
Old 02 April 2002, 04:59 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers Paul

It is a bugger to keep clean but Chris does that hehehehe

The Morettes were the first thing we changed, in fact I wouldn't let it come home without them on We had the HID's put in them a few weeks ago - brilliant! Since Chris adjusted them to the correct height yesterday they really make a difference, on unlit lanes there really is no need for main beam any more. We had the Xenons in before the HID's and they were good but just not in the same league, we never had the standard bulbs so I can't compare them.

We test drove a new Mini and both loved it, great build quality we both thought. We had one costed out but by the time we'd finished adding all the mods it came to around 16K! LOL

So it's an old (classic) heavily modded one or nothing at the moment

[Edited by scoobychick - 2/4/2002 6:00:46 PM]