Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Leisure Lakes - Daventry

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2002, 05:13 PM
Steve Gibbins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Went over to Leisure Lakes cycle shop at Daventry, Northants this afternoon(12/01/02) and parked next to a silver saloon outside the shop, when we came out there was also a P1 parked the other side of the silver saloon, mine was the DBM WRX.

Were either of these you?

Steve
Old 13 January 2002, 07:14 PM
Harry Potter
Scooby Regular

Daventry harbours a major Impreza villain so please don't post the whereabouts of cars [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 13 January 2002, 10:15 PM
Steve Gibbins
Scooby Regular

I went over the shop the weekend before and neither of these cars were there then, so I'm pretty sure neither of the owners work in the shop, so they aren't going to be parked there unattended for long periods on a regular basis, are they? Besides, what's the point in the forum if you can't say where you've seen the cars??
Old 13 January 2002, 11:23 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Harry Potter

Thanks for that. But your personal grudges and intimated slander have no place on scoobynet.

Regards

webmaster
Old 14 January 2002, 08:58 PM
Harry Potter
Scooby Regular

Hmm "Personal grudge" when someone tells you they are going to steal your car, after taking him to see your car at a secret repair garage, then holds parts randsome until you pay for a replacement bumper that he won't give you a receipt for (therefore insurance won't pay) and a service for miles done that I wasn't driving and then your car is vandalised to the Nth degree!

As I haven't mentioned any names and he is nolonger associated with any vendors it is a warning!

A pubic service if you like as it is easy to forget and get complacent.

I don't have a grudge.....far more dangerous people will keep him in mind than me.

BTW there are many people from North West Northamptonshire on this BBS and I have enjoyed meeting many of them except for one

So just because you can identify the individual through your life experience doesn't mean that everyone else can.
Old 14 January 2002, 09:47 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for that Harry. I didn't realise it was completely non-personal and that you were just doing us all a favour.

That must be why you warn everybody of the car theives in all areas of the country.

I wish you could find some enjoyment in this community again, and post a thread here and there that does not involve daventry, etc.

If you meant that I was the one you didn't enjoy meeting. That's a shame, as I did enjoy meeting you, and I thought you felt the same way.

I have also enjoyed many of our conversations and found you to be a good fun, intelligent and interesting person to talk to.

Makes things like this, all the more sad.

Best regards

Simon
Old 14 January 2002, 10:10 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hey, Simon. You've met Harry Potter! We're not worthy....

Pretending I don't know who 'Harry Potter' is, clearly he can only warn us about thieves that he has had direct experience of, which is why he doesn't tell us about those in the other parts of the country. Mind you, he can probably spot them from his broom

I reckon that stitching up Harry Potter is about as low as you can go. Imagine what the kids would think

Trending Topics

Old 15 January 2002, 09:44 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Don't put yourself down Simon. Everyone enjoys meeting you.

So they say to your face anyway...
Old 16 January 2002, 03:54 PM
Harry Potter
Scooby Regular

Cool

Simon if I hadn't enjoyed meeting you I wouldn't have driven up from London in my flying car to write that letter for you regarding the magistrate and the kerb........ I mean the going for it briskly in the car issue

That was a good deed, and one I would do again.
It is difficult to let go when you have been utterly betrayed but I have been assured that natural justice will prevail.

I have a total sense of humour failure over Daventry.