Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Était ce vous? France/Italy last week

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2007, 08:49 PM
Bugwye
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Était ce vous? France/Italy last week

Treated the car (blue 56 wagon) to a trip to Italy in the last 10 days - it takes some proper roads to remind you just how good they are Surprised how few Scoobs I saw - the French Jura was the only place that seemed to have any, and some of those were Swiss. I wasn't exactly taking notes :-), but here are some of the ones I remember :

Early afternoon, last Sunday (9th) - black newage with Ain plate going slowly up hill near Uzès (west of Avignon) - lost?
After that, I went through lots of great roads in the Alps, but didn't see any at all in Italy - some of the guys in petrol stations were interested in the car though, I guess they're less common than Ferraris there, lol. 100 octane Italian V-Power is good news though (when they're not shut for lunch).

On Wednesday I followed some bikes to Val d'Isere, where I ran into some of this mob : http://www.supercarsontour.co.uk/ I let the Murciélago LP640 (? - it's in the gallery on their site) and M3 past, but was quite pleased about keeping up with the M3 at least on the way up to the Col de l'Iseran, arguably Europe's highest road (Ed: that'll be because you were all keeping to the speed limit, natch). I've only an unmodded WRX, with several dozen bottles as extra ballast in the boot - the M3 left me for dead on the straights, but couldn't go round the twisty bits so well. Even the Lambo wasn't that far ahead - because on those narrow roads it had problems even getting past bikes. It's not all about 0-60 in the real world.... Few minutes later we were joined by a 575M (?) at the top - saw it again on Friday night on the autoroute near Reims. Good politics to let them past me - they were a bit fed up with Scoobs holding them up and generally giving them a bit of attitude....

Back to the Scooby spotting - saw a green Classic somewhere on the way down (Mt Cenis? area) and a blue blobeye on the way in to Chambery later that day.
Thursday in the Jura was the best day for them - saw a STI in St Claude, a blue blobeye wagon parked up above there, and a new STI parked in Arbois.
Friday I got a wave on the Lons le Saunier ring road - looks like they're building a new dealership just down the way.

I'm sure I've forgotten one or two, but I can't have seen more than a dozen Imprezas in 2000 miles, plus a couple of Foresters and Legacies. But some great roads, and not that busy either - after too many hours on the M25 it makes you fall in love with driving again.....