Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

RB320 Brands Hatch 13th August

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2007, 08:43 AM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB320 Brands Hatch 13th August

Hi

Didn't get time to come and say Hi to you and your Type R mate. Had girlfriend with me so even more to think about than just being on track.

Hope you had a good day. Would be interested to know spec of the type R as managed to have a couple of laps in convoy.

Great fun - hope all mechanics held up OK.
Cheers
Clint
Old 14 August 2007, 06:37 PM
C4 WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type-R man here!

Hi there, I was the guy in the Type-R. I guess you were the guy in the silver classic? I did notice you driving behind me for a while, good convoy! I'd be interested to know the spec of your car actually.

I've just got a Hayward & Scott decat exhaust, that's about it for engine mods. One thing that made a BIG difference was the Ferodo DS2500 pads I had fitted, stood up to the track very well and no sign of fade at all.
My front passenger side tyre wore quite badly around the outside edge, despite the fact I upped the pressures to nearly 40psi to reduce wear. Guess Toyo T1-R's aren't up to track work, even though they are a very good road tyre.
How were your tyres etc by the end of the session?

The day ended badly for me however, I had to cut my session short because of bad knocking noise from engine, I suspect it must have happened after I made a fatal mistake during a downshift when I missed a gear and went into 2nd instead of 4th when approaching Paddock Hill bend.

Needed the AA to recover me from that Texaco petrol station