Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Nurburgring last weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2007, 05:22 PM
WRX1996
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nurburgring last weekend?

Was drooling over a mint 22B. Anyone's on here? Get in touch as ive got some great photos of you going round Spectators....ill send them over.

Cheers.
Old 23 June 2007, 06:35 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How was the trip? I'm thinking of going down this year, did you go on an organised day or a free for all. I was a bit worried about driving round at the same time as idiots in all kinds, how did you find it?
Old 23 June 2007, 08:38 PM
WRX1996
Scooby Regular

Yeah it was brilliant. Me and a mate and my mrs drove out and met up with some friends out there. Bascically one road the whole way through France, Belgium, Holland and Germany!

The "green hell" was scary to say the least. It was my first time out there and my maiden lap was as a passenger in my mates 330. He goes a few times a year and knows the track 'fairly' well so was giving it some welly which was even worse. Ive never done a track day or anything before so it was a bit of a baptism of fire.

If im being honest I was cacking it when I drove for the first time for the same reason. Worrying about idiots flying up behind me etc. It was actually fine though. Although it looks congested when people are filing out you soon spread out. I found peoples road manners are excellent. As soon as you come up behind someone they indicate right and let you pass. You end up concentrating so hard that its over before you know it and your ready for another lap

The track was open and shut throughout the weekend due to accidents which invariably always involved motorbikes. There were 2 deaths that I was aware of and one poor sod had open heart surgery trackside - dont know if he made it. 10 mins later everyones back out on track.

Most insurance policies dont cover the ring so you pays your money and takes your chances. One of the group of lads out there wrote off his 24K M3 AND had to pay 4000 euros for damage to the armco. Expensive weekend.

All in all I recommend it, a real petrol heads weekend. Topped off on the last day by blagging 2 laps in a blokes GT3 (as a passenger mind).

Also good just to walk round the car park and look at the Murcielagos, Porsche GT'sm Jag XJ220, Merclaren SLR the works...

Cheers

Phil
Old 24 June 2007, 12:54 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

i think the 22b belonged to Karl.

not sure he gets on here much, but i agree his car is luuuurvly!!!!

dazza