Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Blue Saxo in York S167 BWU

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2007, 10:21 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Saxo in York S167 BWU

Whats the point in the scoob....
A rant I guess.. I dunno..

4 times now Ive had to have the police involved with the car on the road. Ive owned the car 3 years.

Last night I was going to pick up a friend to take him to pick his car up after having some work done on it.

As I pulled out of the top of our road to go to the dual carriageway (its two lanes) a citreon saxo pulled alongside me (its two lanes) and then moved towards the side of me forcing me over, no indication. I slowed to let him in but he had to speed up quite considerably to then pull in front of me (instead of slotting into the space behind me .

Immediately after this there is a set of traffic lights and they were changing to red so i slowed and he slowed to wait for the lights. After they had changed to green he just sat there, then reversed a little and went forward so he was then blocking both lanes of the road (it splits straight after for two separate directions to go onto the dual carriageway)

I was going off left up the slip road, well he just sat there so I tried to go round him to go straight on at the dual carriageway instead of going of left and he tried to ram into the side of me, so i tried to go round the other side of him to go off left and he tried to ram me in the side again, so I tried to go round the other side and he tried to ram me again in the side, so i went the other side and he tried to ram me again but i just flattened it and of course I left him.

the dual carriageway was busy so I had to slow and then he was behind me flashing his lights and swerving either side of me so i pulled over to let him by and he tried to ram into the side of me again forcing me into the verge.

I then saw a gap and accelerated and left him again and another car pulled in behind me cos obviously the saxo **** couldnt catch me I then saw him cut across three cars late to go off at the next junction.

By the time I got to my friends I was in such a state, I picked him up to take him to get his car but after being on the road for no more than 5 or 10 mins I had to pull over and let him drive.

I have reported it to the police, I did at the time but they were busy. I had my baby in the car. The police asked if I had independant witnessess.. well er no, its a 60 mph road I wasnt going to stop and ask anyone, my only hope is that somebody saw it and reported it. It was busy is was about 5-50 last night and it was races in York last night so it was busy.

Why? Why do it.. why risk my baby... Im so fed up with it.. this is now the 4th time in 3 years Ive had to have the police involved because of behaviour like this.. whats the answer? sell the car and buy a cliterous or a ****o??

Is it worth risking my kids lives for a car I enjoy??? Just because it offends some people..

It wasnt as if I was doing any speed either as it was a junction and I didnt pull out in front of him or anything.. it has traffic lights on it

sorry

rant over

So if you see a blue saxo reg number S167 BWU might be worth giving him a wide bearth ...
Old 19 May 2007, 11:30 AM
WRX TWIN TURBO
Scooby Regular

What a pure Knobe jockey... I am up in york for scooby live on the 27th... I will defo look out for this idiot and i will show him wot it feels like to be bullied on the road. Its bad enough that he did it to a fellow scooby owener but a female driver AND WITH A BABY in the car ...

Can all us SN members stick together on this 1 and look out for this road c@ck and get him back.. Remember this car/ Write it down
Blue Saxo S167 BWU.....

Remember revenge is sweet.....
Old 19 May 2007, 11:33 AM
WRX TWIN TURBO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX TWIN TURBO
What a pure Knobe jockey... I am up in york for scooby live on the 27th... I will defo look out for this idiot and i will show him wot it feels like to be bullied on the road. Its bad enough that he did it to a fellow scooby owener but a female driver AND WITH A BABY in the car ...

Can all us SN members stick together on this 1 and look out for this road c@ck and get him back.. Remember this car/ Write it down
Blue Saxo S167 BWU.....

Remember revenge is sweet.....
P.S....
Don't let him make you get rid of your scooby if you are happy with it and you want to keep it.
He is the chav with the chav car at the end of the day.
Old 19 May 2007, 11:38 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Thank you.. have you got a club stand for shootout?
Old 19 May 2007, 11:51 AM
Probein
Scooby Regular

What a ****. Sounds like you did all you could... It's best to ignore such idiots as best you can as any confrontational behaviour may just escalate the situation.
Old 19 May 2007, 11:53 AM
WRX TWIN TURBO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
Thank you.. have you got a club stand for shootout?
No not yet Still working on that 1.....
Old 19 May 2007, 11:55 AM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a sad little boy to me, picking on a woman with a baby in the car.

Id have rammed his head up his own exhausts.

Dont let fools like this spoil your enjoyment of the car.
Old 19 May 2007, 12:01 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

It is just stupidity and bloody dangerous.

I am surprised and disappointed by the polices attitude to what is obviously a danger to other motorists with no consideration or care for others.

I would suggest contacting the local papers and telling your story with a lean towards antisocial behaviour/dangerous driving endangering a minor and the Polices lack of interest.

You may get some interest post this on the 5-0 board as well to see what they advise or can offer.

5ive-o

Glad you and the wee one are ok

paul
Old 19 May 2007, 12:01 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX TWIN TURBO
No not yet Still working on that 1.....

you have pm
Old 19 May 2007, 12:55 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

I`ll keep my eyes peeled for him
At least you and the baby are ok thats the main thing.
Mindless idiots like this need taking off the road IMO. Fair enough enough if he wants to drive like a complete & utter tw&t and wrap his chavmobile around a tree, who cares???? I don`t
But for one, don`t risk the lives of a mother and baby.

Anthony
Old 19 May 2007, 02:20 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

So sorry to hear about this.

WTF is going on??

Disgraceful, however, since PLOD swopped Traffic Patrol Cars for GREED CAMERAS, this, I regret to say, will continue.

There is literaly no chance of their being a Plod presence, so KNOBLETS like these can do this sort of thing.

Hope you & your Baby are OK.

Kind regars

Alan MaC
Old 19 May 2007, 02:53 PM
NAY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Another ******* in a Saxo jealous that you have a scooby.
He probably thinks that because he can't afford a scooby or get a girlfriend he would drive like a dick.

As for the police response, with situations like that they put out observations for the vehicle but due to the fact that they are dealing with the great unwashed unemployed smackheads who ring up every 5 mins to sort their lives out they can't always send someone.

Don't worry Saxo boy will soon be inside spending time as Mr. Big's best bitch. "Someone's dropped the soap again Mr. Big......ill get it" "Squeal like a pig boy...."
Old 19 May 2007, 03:47 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

If the other drive tried to force you off the road I would have reported to the Police that you thought he was trying to force you over to abduct you or you child, they may have paid more attention to you requests than. Waste of time reporting a car crime, police not interested unless someone`s hurt. I had my old Cavalier broken into 3 times, one occasion the law took THREE days to send someone to dust the car for prints!! Car crime just not a priority to the Law............ (unless it is catching speeders)............no money to be made from it.
Old 19 May 2007, 03:56 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

I did that.. i said I thought I was being car-jacked I told him I was being repeatedly attempted rammed... gave them a running commentry .... they were busy
Old 19 May 2007, 04:39 PM
Deano22uk
Scooby Regular

Im a female scooby driver too and nearly every time I drive it I get a knobjockey either drive within inches of my backside (vans the worst!) try and race me off lights or block me. I too have a young child (2 years old) and it infuriates me that people (sorry to say it is always men who dont seem to like a woman driving a fast car) drive so dangerously when a baby seat blatently shows in the back of an impreza! I dont drive like a ****, try racing people or show off and I too have come home on several occasions feeling shaken up. I really do believe its down to men with small engines and small *****' who can't stand a woman in a car faster than their own. I can totally sympathise with how you feel especially when 2 months ago my previous car ( I must admit it was a golf GTI-sorry to blaspheim)was written off by a haulage lorry (again with my 2 year old in the back) tailed me for 5 miles and eventually ran into the back of my car after I slowed for traffic ( he also did not even speak to me once it happened or help get my 2 year old out of the back who was trapped -says it all really!!!). He had been intimidating me to overtake on a unclear notorious accident black spot. I am getting to fed up of this kind of potentially leathal driving when you are being safe and minding your own bloody buisness!!! Lucy

Last edited by Deano22uk; 19 May 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 19 May 2007, 04:42 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Thank you Lucy for that. Im not alone..although I dont think that that is a good thing ... I dont race.. Im not like that. the mods I have done to my car have all been on the outside NOT to the engine.. I dont track it its not the reason i have the car...
Old 19 May 2007, 04:53 PM
Deano22uk
Scooby Regular

Its one of my beefs at the moment , id say 9/10 times I try it I have an "incident" and yet when my husband drives it he doesnt really get much grief! I have been physically shaking a couple of times when ive got home and convinced myself not to drive it again but then I think why should an idiot in a white van ruin my enjoyment of my car-its difficult when you have a little one to think about too. Lucy

Last edited by Deano22uk; 19 May 2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 19 May 2007, 04:56 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

i wish i was in york-would of gone and found the little **** wiv some of the boys.

chin up girl
Old 19 May 2007, 05:29 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I'm not far from York and spend quite a lot of time in that area, so if I see the Saxo, I'll follow and see if I can see where he lives eh??

He might be suspicious if a Scoob was folowing, but not my stealth monster!!

Consider his registration post-it'ed to my screen!!!

Actually.....if a lot of York area Scoob owners phone the police and report this Saxo for various road-going infractions, I believe they may pop round and have a word with him. Maybe he has a vendetta against Scoobs?? How do we know eh?

I'll ask my policeman mate if it's possible to find the name/address of said reprobate.
Old 19 May 2007, 05:32 PM
Deano22uk
Scooby Regular

Please can you send "The stealth" down to devon for me too!!!!
Old 19 May 2007, 05:37 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks to everyone ... nice to know you have people you can rely on
Old 19 May 2007, 06:05 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get on www.saxosportsclub.com and Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum ¦ Citroen Saxo Car Club ¦ Citroen Saxo Community

and start asking questions on the forum.

Tho its probably best to keep what happened low key, just incase the ******** is on there and avoids you!

And sorry to hear that, the guy sounds like a right thunder c*nt!
Old 19 May 2007, 06:23 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Chances are it is on CCTV covering the roads.

The tapes will probably get overitten within a week, so I suggest phoning the police station, quoting your crime number and insisting on speaking to someone senior until they agree to go and get the copies.
Old 19 May 2007, 06:43 PM
gingerflyer
Scooby Regular

DVLA Online Vehicle Licensing | Vehicle Enquiry

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for S167 BWU are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 05 08 1998
Year of Manufacture 1998
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1124CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol

Last edited by gingerflyer; 19 May 2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 19 May 2007, 07:05 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
Thanks to everyone ... nice to know you have people you can rely on
We`re all hear to help Claire, don`t worry.

Anthony
Old 19 May 2007, 08:26 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Hope we can stop this sort of thing happening.

Nice to know everyone is "looking at this Saxo".

Regards.

Alan MaC
Old 19 May 2007, 09:21 PM
Kennyf
Scooby Regular

This sucks the guy sounds like a total knobber. no doubt some young bawhum thinking his 1100cc saxo is the fastest thing on the road because his max power seat belt pads give an extra 200bhp (proven).

You shouldn't be made to feel like that, and I know your safety and the little one takes priority but don't let him bully you out a car you love.

Originally Posted by Deano22uk
I really do believe its down to men with small engines and small *****' who can't stand a woman in a car faster than their own.
As for that, the guy must be a freak there is nothing hotter than a women driving a powerful car or maybe thats just me?

Anyway based on this thread I dare say he's going to end up with a scooby phobia !
Old 19 May 2007, 11:14 PM
scubasteve
Scooby Regular

If he drives like that chances are he'll take himself off the road in due course. I just hope he doesn't involve any innocent bestanders in the process.

Try not to worry to much Claire just be glad you and baby are ok
Old 19 May 2007, 11:16 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone for your comments.. nothing hotter than a woman in a powerful car... flattered.. never had that before...

thanks Steve.. see you sunday
Old 19 May 2007, 11:18 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I would like to lay on you mate

Quick Reply: Blue Saxo in York S167 BWU