Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Nicci again this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2007, 11:24 AM
DanUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nicci again this morning!

We keep passing at busy moments, didn't think you'd spot me this morning! What is with the traffic in Kingsthorpe lately? I had to dash through the back roads to get to the 508 this morning!
Wanted to stop by the bank in town before work but was running far too late!

Been using the Transit Connect for work the past few mornings, you'll never spot that!

Good to get the Subaru out again this morning!

Yours looking as clean as ever!
Old 14 March 2007, 02:37 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

That whole area where we usually pass on my side is murder with everyone switching lanes.

I don't know why the traffic is so heavy right now, town centre was fine on my way up (probably just the C*ck junction holding things up as normal).

Car is clean at the mo, I gave it a good polish at the weekend (you don't see the stone chips from a distance ). Yours always looks clean anyway.

p.s. Could be slightly less frequent spots from next week as I am moving. So I won't be joining the A508 until the junction at Asda. I still have to get through Kingsthorpe

Feels like a waste of time having a perfomance car in that traffic doesn't it?
Old 14 March 2007, 02:55 PM
DanUK
Scooby Regular

It does feel odd having so much power and travelling so slow, but then part of what I love about the car is it does it so well, the torque they have means I can be lazy with the gears! They do get stares too in that clogged traffic!

I usually turn down Mill Lane which gives me a chance to stretch it's legs abit!

Your move, does that mean you join from Kingsthorpe Grove or Mill Lane?

I don't use the Impreza much Nicci, so it does stay clean for ages. I'm gonna spend some money on it soon changing a few things otherwise I get bored easily! It looks too standard at the moment (though that makes meeting quick cars more fun as it packs a 350 HP punch!)

Last edited by DanUK; 14 March 2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Too short
Old 14 March 2007, 03:05 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

I will be joining from Kingsthorpe grove (I think, the road with the school), not Mill Lane, so 3rd gear will be my maximum....grrr.

Glad you get to use the car a little more, if only for a minute or two.

I went up the A508 this morning (south of town) with a blue blob eye right behind me, it must have been eye catching with 2 bright blue scoobs. The guy isn't a waver or even a smiler though.
Old 14 March 2007, 04:09 PM
DanUK
Scooby Regular

You'll see Ben or Sarah in the silver wagon more then as they take their little' un to that school.

We'll only have a 2 minute window through Kingsthorpe then. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Many in Northampton don't acknowledge me, guess they just aren't into the scene, which is fair enough!

I spent years in Volkswagen Beetles when I was young and even with such a cult car as they were still some didn't wave!