Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

P1 Bedford

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2001, 04:11 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yeah that would me rather unsurprisingly!! (eh puff!)

haha managed to cake it twice during the day with two rather big offs. Was a bit worried after the first one has I developed a speed shake but it turned out to be just the caked mud affecting the wheel balance thank god!!

I was a bit dissappointed with my performance actually as last time I was really getting the hang of getting the thing sideways with no mistakes. This time in the wet was a whole different ballgame and put it down to a lack of experience of the conditions but I do have to say the Yoko A539's that I have on are rather appalling in the wet! They just seem to go without any progressive warning a bit like using banana skins!

All in all though a great and my philosophy is if you don't push the limits you don't learn. Much to the dismay of one of my passengers still I think a set of Toyo's are on now my shopping list!

Pete

edited to say bumper is fine and no damage to the car bedford is such a good safe track for experimenting.

[Edited by Web Guru - 12/1/2001 4:12:20 PM]
Old 01 December 2001, 10:11 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

P1 cover in grass at Beford, was it you ?

I hope the damage to your bumper isn't that bad and can be sorted out.

Cheers Phill C
Old 01 December 2001, 05:26 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Web Guru,

I was aurprised at the amount of grip I had when I first got on the track, seeing it was soaking wet. SO2 are so nice, shame they don't make them anymore.

I was following a P1 around and noticed it understeering really bad, I was in x reg Mica red 4 door, silver wheels, not gold. Was that you?

Cheers Phill C
Old 01 December 2001, 06:03 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Phil
I was having some problems with understeer at some corners finding it hard to get the turn in from the Yokos in the wet. Though most of the time I was in oversteer with the help of a bit of trail braking and lift off.

I have had antilift and bumpsteer for a while but when it was standard it had terrible understeer.

my reg is P1 *** so if thats the one it was me!

Pete
Old 01 December 2001, 06:33 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

My car was understeering a little on the tight corners, but it appeared to me you were almost fighting the car around one tight corner. That was when they blue flagged you and I undertook you.

I was really proud that I got past a P1 in MY00 with minor mods Markab had 270 BHP and I managed to keep up with him for a few laps whilst he was filming me. Not bad for a car that was putting out 208 BHP at PS and 239 BHP at PE, and in my opinion was running like a bag of crap on NUL.

Cheers Phill C

PS I thought the Arch liner had come unclipped on your car, and the bumper did look like it had moved downwards. Glad there's no damage.
Old 02 December 2001, 06:18 AM
Webmeister
Scooby Regular

sorry to disappoint you Phil but I was purposely going slow as I was on the limit with my noise output so had to quieten down near the sound mics!

Old 02 December 2001, 01:37 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

My bubble has burst now.

Cheers Phill C