Sponsored by:

Bedford

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2001, 09:19 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just a short note to say thanks to those guys who gave my m8 Mike passenger rides at Bedford yesterday

He had a stunning good time and could'nt believe the amount of grip and corning the cars had As per everyone there he was amazed at the pace of the Audi Palmer

A few personal highlights.
The convoy up there was well run, and sensible(Thanks Chris and Sal-Nav(tm))

I feel really sorry for the old duffer in the grey micra who was driving at 30mph in a 60 and had 7 loud and agressive subaru's following him for 3 miles. I felt even sorrier for him as we all overtook him in one go.

It must have been like a low level flypast with cars going whap whap whap whap whap, past him It was very funny.

Did'nt go on track, but I had my car noise tested. I'm not sure i'm happy or sad my car only makes 78db Still it was'nt really hot at the time, and the revs they ask for is'nt really in the afterburner zone for a PPP. On the upside I now have offical ammunition for the wife and her friends when they complain about the noise of the car. It's only 78Db!!

Some nice cars there, shame about the skyline being black flagged for noise Looked sweeet though.

From my spectator standpoint track ettiquette looked very good, and as is becoming the norm the organisation was first class(thanks Stef).

I was'nt sure about the helicopter buzzing the cars as they went round track though, to be chased ala james bond when rying to concentrate on track did'nt seem to be the safest thing to have done to one. It was also nice of Bedford to put on a aerobatics display for us as we waited for things to start.

Sorry scoobs, but the sound of that merlin aero engine is just the most wonderful engine sound EVER!

Jonathan Palmer turned up, and announced 'Hi I'm Jonathan Palmer. You all must like subaru's ' Kinda a like a visit by the king I suppose

Not too sure he was too impressed by my quip, "I'd rather have one of your cars" Oh well that's me banned then

The trip back was good to. I even managed to warm my brakes up Interesting how the pedal feel changes so much as AP 6 pots get really hot

Good to see the usual crew/muppets/normals again, I wanted to stay longer but we had visitors so could'nt.

Thanks again and cya soon

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 11 August 2001).]
Old 11 August 2001, 01:40 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yep it was a great afternoon/evenings spekkying, well chatting really Nice to spend some time with the usual crew & muppets and really nice to meet some new scoobynetters Glad the weather stayed fine too, all in all a most enjoyable way to spend a Friday

Sal
Old 11 August 2001, 02:30 PM
W9GTR
Scooby Regular

Special thanks must go to the last living memeber of hitlers familty who took great delight in waving his balck flag!!!in the pit lane. He managed to ruin what would have been a great day not only for me but a fair number of scoobs as well. Noisy??? Moi???? never
I resemble that remark
BTW did anyone catch a glimpse of the two maddest laps I have ever experienced, Birdy on full opposite lock through the left-right at 120 mph!!!!! Laugh I nearly shat
Cheers Stef and all
Steve

[This message has been edited by W9GTR (edited 11 August 2001).]
Old 11 August 2001, 04:41 PM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Cool

As a complete newcomer to Scooby's and these
days out, it was a great afternoons entertainment. It was nice to meet so many other enthusiasts in one place and have a chance to chat about my car without feeling like a cure for insomnia!.
I must thank Josh for letting me follow him around with my camera and getting some vgood
shots, hopefully though I will be driving next time.
I hope to see you all at the next one.

Juk