Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A funny little red thing

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2001, 03:07 PM
Ellis4779
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Last night i had a funny little red thing pushing me from behind, with the foggys on etc.. I think it was called a clio 16v..

I Dropped the box and popped a flame, he soon backed off.

Kids eh! I think he actually thought he had a chance!

Pete
Old 20 November 2001, 06:07 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

I was following this little Saxo VTS thing on Saturday night last week, around some twisty turns near where I live.

I was impressed with how the little car was handling, but thought I'd get past him at the next straight easily. WRONG :-(

Engaged 2nd as I exited a tight right hander, turned on to the opposite side of the road and started my overtaking manouver.

He floored the VTS, but the 'Scoob' was up alongside him in seconds.

Disaster. Pushed it too hard.

I was not paying attention to the revs. The limiter cut in just as I was passing him. Sudden loss of speed and the VTS had the edge.

Good job the limiter did cut in as there was a hump in the road upfront, and I could see the lights of an oncoming car just coming over it.

I pulled in behind the VTS and let him go.

I've had my MY99 for 7 weeks. I'm 31 years of age and have recently got married. I learnt a lesson Saturday night.

The 'Scoob' is fast, it handles like a dream and is great fun to drive, but on a dark country road with lots of humps, bumps and bends, it's just not worth taking the risk to better a VTS!

Do it on a track.

Some might call me a chicken, but I may of killed myself and 2 others on that night. No fun.

J.
Old 22 November 2001, 10:04 AM
Ellis4779
Scooby Regular

i agree with you mate!!

Scoobys are quick but u need monster power to pass quick cars.. If your in frount u can easily pull away but not pass them easily if your behind..

I had the same situation with a golf GTI.. Absolutletey killing it down a dual carriage way side by side.. I only just got passeded him then hard on the breaks... Almost went throught the island!! Not fun at all!! That was about 160bhp golf.. Mines a 255bhp scoob!

Puts things into perspective..

Pete
Old 22 November 2001, 05:57 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

Good. I'm glad you agree.

I thought I was turning into my Dad in first reply !

J.