Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Grey haired old duffer in Green Forrester GXXX HPC M3 South 7:20am today!

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2006, 08:00 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grey haired old duffer in Green Forrester GXXX HPC M3 South 7:20am today!

Just in case you're not sure if it was you let me enlighten you further - you pulled out in front of a black WRX, the driver of whom questioned your parentage and indicated that you may prefer to satisfy yourself sexually, without indicating and with NO ROOM WHATSOEVER - but hey - I was only doing 70MPH so stamping on the brakes to let you in was no problem at all and an absolute pleasure for a fellow Subaru driver! Though I have to say I'm impressed that the Citroen driver you carved up a few moments later made the same allowances as I did. (Sarcastic? Moi? Nah....)

I also admire the way you stuck to the middle lane, and then the outside lane and weren't bothered at all by the empty lane to your left or the queue of traffic forming behind you - that shows real self belief - a rare quality these days. I also liked the ballsey way you veered over the rumble strip and towards the central reservation - high speed precision driving is indeed a gift. (Did your dentures slip and distract you?)

Maybe I'm being a little harsh - afterall it can't have been easy for you to adjust from driving in the days when the little man ran in front of your car with a flag. And at your age the memory starts to go and things like using your indicators can completely slip your mind.

YOU'RE THE SORT OF PERSON THAT GETS OLD BLOKES AND SUBARU DRIVERS A BAD NAME - DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GO AND BUY THE MORRIS MINOR YOU SO CLEARLY OUGHT TO BE DRIVING - AND STAY AWAY FROM MOTORWAYS AS IT'S BLINDINGLY APPARENT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO DRIVE ON THEM!!!

</rant over>

Old 15 March 2006, 08:58 AM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

There's nothing wrong with Morris Minors!!! Another stereo type!! Sold mine a few years ago, but when I had it an 1800 Opel Manta Engine neatly tucked under the bonnet! People were forever pulling out on me as they didn't expect it to be travelling as fast as it did. It was bright red though, with Mini lites, so it did look a bit different from the norm.

Dad also ran a stock looking one, which had a 1293cc turbo'd and intercooled lump under the bonnet!! Was a seriously quick ride, and would take everyone by surprise.

Your gonna get morons in every kind of car, it's just how things are. I believe though that over 70, and you should have to be re-tested, ans your reflex's just can be up to modern day driving.

J
Old 15 March 2006, 09:39 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

No offence intended to Morris Minor drivers - feeling a little calmer now! Have to say that old blokes in fast cars who have no idea how to drive them infuriate me - buy a car to match your driving ability - it should be the law. Hmm - maybe I'll suggest it to TFL - sounds like just the sort of crackpot scheme they'd go for!
Old 15 March 2006, 10:47 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it was Yoza to me?
Sure he'll respond soon