Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

I just bought an 03 STI

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2006, 10:52 PM
TG12
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought an 03 STI

guys, i went out and bought a lovley blue STI at the weekend, been having too much fun in it.
One thing i noticed though and not sure if i should do anything to the performance, its fast enough but lacks the inital low end grunt until the turbo kicks in, any ideas what i could do would be apreciated, thanks
Tim
Old 16 February 2006, 11:36 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TG12
guys, i went out and bought a lovley blue STI at the weekend, been having too much fun in it.
One thing i noticed though and not sure if i should do anything to the performance, its fast enough but lacks the inital low end grunt until the turbo kicks in, any ideas what i could do would be apreciated, thanks
Tim
yea post in tech or general
Old 16 February 2006, 11:47 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by TG12
Tim
Andyf is doing a hybrid TD04 turbo that (suposidly) spools up at 2500rpm, or something like that, but look in technical....
Old 17 February 2006, 12:50 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

where are you based ?
Old 17 February 2006, 07:39 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

The MY02STI was very bad for this, there was absolutely no go before about 3700rpm.
Matters improved a little (I believe) with the MY03STI.

The Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) from the main dealer is the best option (acording to me living in my safe world).
On my MY02STI, the power delivery now comes in strong at around about 3000rpm, but there is also usable power in the high 2000's as well. The MY03 will be I guess.

It makes a big difference to the drivability of the car, but there is still no power below 2000 rpm. If you want to change that, then buy a different car.

PS. check your insurance first. Expect a 25% hike in premiums, when you tell them it has a performance exhaust and 15%power increase engine management chip.