Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Lots of Scoobies at Goodwood

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2005, 12:43 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Lots of Scoobies at Goodwood

Post if you were there, and who you 'think' you saw

Pete
Old 24 June 2005, 09:35 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was there today in a silver classic STI on a N reg inport i saw loads of loverly scoobs there today i waved at one and all if i did not sorry.............

Did anyone see the driver of the white rally prepaired scoob hit the tree and rip the front strut and wheel i saw the aftermath when it had been recovered and the driver stated oh!! it will be back on the stage tomorrow.

from what i saw it will need inner wing,outer wing,strut,wheel,tyre indicator etc............these mechanics are bloody excellent...........
Old 24 June 2005, 11:29 PM
Neils wrx
Scooby Regular

I was there (Dark Blue Bug Eye) parked next to a silver Scoob in the main carpark.

I also saw the aftermath of the accident on the Rally stage and saw the car towed out, it didn't look at all well, but the driver was unhurt.

I'm going back for more tomorrow, just hope it doesn't rain like it did this afternoon.... got very, very wet :-(
Old 24 June 2005, 11:39 PM
scooby11
Scooby Regular

I was in car park M, and saw a black 04 plate blob eye, and also a white classic STi. Mine was a DBM MY99.

I didnt see the accident on the rally stage, what time did that happen? Though we did get a close view of the jag s type going off the track during the supercar run.

Getting out of the carpark was a mission on its own!!
Old 25 June 2005, 01:01 AM
G4ZZA
Scooby Regular

Yep, i was there, parked in the main Car park, Silver Classic...

Got absolutely soaked getting back to the car, but had a top day nevertheless...

Missed the rally stages unfortunatly, my Hayfever was going mental with all the dust being kicked up, so had to go back down to the main showground... Saw the Black S-Type Jag hit the Straw bails at a rate of knots though Driver ok, just hurt pride...

Saw plenty of scoobs leaving at the same time as me, just as it was thunder & fork lightning, but none that i can remember details of, was too busy trying to dry off...
Gazza...
Old 25 June 2005, 07:51 AM
Neils wrx
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean about the dust on the Rally Stage, I got covered in it.... Would say the accident was about 1pm (ish). Hopefully yesterdays rain will mean its less dusty today.
Old 25 June 2005, 01:33 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Was there.. silver MY00, WR spoiler and 18's.

but only walked up as far as the end loop on the rally stage. Too many people squashing past, and too much dust.

Where there many Rally cars in what I assume must of been a rally paddock ?

If so, gutted I couldn't be bothered to walk up any further.

Followed a Blue Bug-Eye out of the car park, then as far as the Chichester Roundabout, where I went East and he went West.

Bloody good day out. Only spent £3 on a pint of beer, and got entry free through the Times Newspaper....RESULT.....

Trending Topics

Old 25 June 2005, 02:00 PM
bob gray
Scooby Regular

Default goodwood

i was there, silver my00 private plate followed rb5 out.
Old 25 June 2005, 02:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well I was in Car Park 'A' East.

Saw the Impreza smash into the tree:- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...Picture177.jpg The photo doesn't actually do justice (I can assure you that the wing is well and truly wrapped around that tree!)

Saw the Jag come off into the straw bails too!!

Had some nice hospitality from the Ford stand, they fed me and watered me whilst everyone else ran around in the downpour at 5pm - they let me lounge in comfortable chairs too - all I had to do was to agree to buy a FocusST and chuck in the Scooby!!

Excellent day, I arrived at about 7am, it was nice and quiet as we walked right up to the Rally Stage ...... coming back down it was well and truly packed!!

Car park was a pig to get out of!!

Pete
Old 25 June 2005, 02:41 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

I was there not i the Scoob though knew it would rain
Old 25 June 2005, 03:36 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in car park M too, along with a P1, few classic and bugeye UK cars. Oh, and a few more blobeyes

Plenty of other intersting stuff there too - some worthy of being inside on show.

Half expected to see a Type 25 in "supercars" (it would have been quicker than some that were) and disappointed not to find any Subaru representation there (unless I just missed it )
Old 25 June 2005, 05:59 PM
Col Stone
Scooby Regular

I was there to as always, not missed one yet I was in the main car park in a 99 STI 5 type R v-ltd. Saw a silver STI on an N plate and a nice STI 9 with blue mud flaps who waved. Took my 7 year old son this time and he loved it, everyone thought he was very sweet (they dont know him) and so he got spoilt rotten, he ended up sitting in the Williams F1 car and was given a flag and baseball cap. During the rain he sat in a Mclaren SLR ! and at the end went in the Ford GT lucky bugger I couldn't blag a thing!

Cheers Col

Last edited by Col Stone; 25 June 2005 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 25 June 2005, 06:03 PM
G4Tyrant
Scooby Regular

I was there in the Silver Bugeye parked next to Neils WRX saw a few before leaving the carpark behind Sonic Blue Classic (** WRC) and in front of Blue STi8/9 ..

Last edited by G4Tyrant; 25 June 2005 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo !
Old 25 June 2005, 07:26 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Col Stone
I was there to as always, not missed one yet I was in the main car park in a 99 STI 5 type R v-ltd. Saw a silver STI on an N plate and a nice STI 9 with blue mud flaps who waved. Took my 7 year old son this time and he loved it, everyone thought he was very sweet (they dont know him) and so he got spoilt rotten, he ended up sitting in the Williams F1 car and was given a flag and baseball cap. During the rain he sat in a Mclaren SLR ! and at the end went in the Ford GT lucky bugger I couldn't blag a thing!

Cheers Col
Col,

we must of been very close, as I ended up opposite the McLaren SLR during the rain. I had a Scooby hat and a rather fetching rain-coat on at the time
Old 25 June 2005, 07:40 PM
benjai
Scooby Regular

I was there Friday, Black blob-eye in A east, next to a B10 BMW which I followed in for about 10 miles. Saw loads of scoobs. including a silver classic parked on the end of a row - was it you?

Found this in the car park

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/benjai/FOS1.jpg

Is it you in the background???? (only noticed when I got home).

Had a great day out. Left just before the second supercar run, and snapped a quick photo of the most expensive traffic jam in the world....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/benjai/FOS2.jpg
Old 25 June 2005, 08:50 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Cool

I was in the main car park also fortunately i got back to the car before it started to rain...

I do have some pic's of the scoob after it was recovered from the rally stage will post them on once i have had a look and also find out how to post pictures onto the site hopefully it will be in the next couple of days...........

But wot a day i can't wait for next year.........
Old 25 June 2005, 09:05 PM
Mr Scoob
Scooby Regular

I was there Friday and today, didn't take the scoob though. Saw a WR1 in the Goodwood Park Hotel car park.

Unfortunately Jamie Whitham crashed into a the straw bales surrounding a gatepost at the entrance to the top paddock today. Bike was completely destroyed and he was very lucky to get away with minor injuries.

Other than that it has been two great days, looking forward to going back tomorrow.

John Lloyd was back on the rally stage today, I believe that he brought out another impreza from his collection after Friday's incident.
Old 25 June 2005, 09:42 PM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

I was there today ( sat ), went in my P1 with full rally livery and the number 611 on the side. Loads of scoobs around me in the carpark.

Awesome day out, best bit was the " spin " in the Bowler Wildcat... " I am a driving god !!! "

Mikey
Old 25 June 2005, 11:17 PM
Scooby_Maxus
Scooby Regular

Cool Goodwood - Saturday

I was there also today Saturday. What a great day out. Thought the Rally stage was awsome and so nice to see the event give more room to the off roaders.

Special thanks to the BAR boys.......top blokes IMHO. Jenson for taking the trouble to come and talk to us and sign autographs and Takuma for some cool driving stunts and again taking the time to come and meet the fans. Shame more of the great and the good did not take the trouble (No names Freddie Spencer et al!)
Old 26 June 2005, 12:18 AM
terryb
Scooby Regular

I was there too - dishing out Southern Big One flyers in the car park to all the Scooby's - took me 2.5 hours to get round one car park
Old 26 June 2005, 11:24 AM
hgv1driver
Scooby Regular

Default Goodwood

I was there yesterday (Sat) what a walk up to the Rally stage, had to take my Rally jacket off and carry it for the rest of the day, worth walking back through the stage though and getting some excellent video footage. I saw Jamies accident too. Great day out too. I drove my scoob to my brother in laws in Chichester on Friday night and we went on his bike to Goodwood.

Jon

p.s. Saw loads of scoobs in car park but disappointed with not seeing many on show !!!!

Last edited by hgv1driver; 26 June 2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 26 June 2005, 11:56 AM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Default Was there too!

Yep, I was there too yesterday in my Red Classic, saw loads of scoobs in the car park and a nice classic parked next to a Diablo in the goodwood hotel carpark.

Good work on the flyers Terry, although was surprised to find it when i got back to the car.

Great day always have fun

cheers

Ash
Old 26 June 2005, 03:01 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G4Tyrant
I was there in the Silver Bugeye parked next to Neils WRX saw a few before leaving the carpark behind Sonic Blue Classic (** WRC) and in front of Blue STi8/9 ..
oooh wrc sonic blue thats me

at last spotted, yours was the silver with the graphics down the side i presume
Old 26 June 2005, 03:38 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by terryb
I was there too - dishing out Southern Big One flyers in the car park to all the Scooby's - took me 2.5 hours to get round one car park
You paid 35 quid to walk round a car park??? and you missed me! - never mind, I know about SBO anyway.
As usual a great event. Have to admit, the Focus ST looks nice and at 18 grand must be a serious alternative to the WRX (why did it have tiddly brakes and not those off the Focus RS?)
JohnD
Old 26 June 2005, 08:12 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by terryb
So you were the one that put 2 on mine Saturday

Tony
Old 26 June 2005, 09:47 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Just back from Sunday's, Silver bugeye in car park S. Great day, did catch the sun a little bit. Very nearly saw someone else collecting what looks like that same tree, although t.b.h. we stayed at the hill for most of the day. With the likes of the BRM V16, Jenson doing multiple burn-outs, the pikes peak quattros, the jag doing the hill in 46.9 secs near the end of the day, etc etc, really couldn't tear ourselves away.
Old 26 June 2005, 10:18 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kayeabl
Yep, I was there too yesterday in my Red Classic, saw loads of scoobs in the car park and a nice classic parked next to a Diablo in the goodwood hotel carpark.

Good work on the flyers Terry, although was surprised to find it when i got back to the car.

Great day always have fun

cheers

Ash

has your red classic got gold wheels and PIAA driving lights on with white covers on them?
Old 26 June 2005, 10:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Have to admit, the Focus ST looks nice and at 18 grand must be a serious alternative to the WRX
JohnD
John

The price of the Focus ST wasn't released as of 6pm on Friday .... and I was told that it would be cheaper than a Civic Type R!

Subaru have got some serious competition!

Pete
Old 26 June 2005, 11:27 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
So you were the one that put 2 on mine Saturday

Tony
Ahh Tony - remember seeing your car - well your plate kinda gave it away.
Old 26 June 2005, 11:29 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
You paid 35 quid to walk round a car park??? JohnD
No I didn't pay a penny - just came up on the off chance that I could walk around the car park - can't believe how big it was - but then I don't know how many other car parks there were...

Quick Reply: Lots of Scoobies at Goodwood