Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

The dangerous bloke in a Green Legacy estate in Wolverhampton.

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2005, 05:32 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dangerous bloke in a Green Legacy estate in Wolverhampton.

Decided to dice with death, taking over me on a bridge the wrong side of the road, anybody could of been coming the otherway, then you felt that embarrased you had to go in the right hand lane and pull in front of all the cars to turn left at the traffic light.
Old 10 June 2005, 03:20 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Sounds to me as though it might have been stolen. There's only that sort of total disregard for others when a car's mid-getaway. Like you say, lucky that something nasty didn't happen. Phew.

Jonts.
Old 10 June 2005, 08:31 PM
98prodrivewrs
Scooby Regular

Find a lot of other drivers like that know that their is a good chance your car is quite a bit faster than theirs, so drive like mad men to try and prove a point. Only point the prove is that they are daft. Hardly ever get another driver that only has a go agains me when its safe to do so now.

Although a week or 2 ago had a blast against a newage sti to see what car was quickest. Noticed before hand his kid was in car so kept well good distance behind and we both floored it. I was keeping up so he pulled into inside lane waved me past, then pulled back out behind again and we did same again at next lights. Because his kid was in the car we only went to 60 though. When i was in front i pulled away (not much though)then stayed at 60 he followed a while flashed his lights and gave a thumbs up as i took a turn off that road. Be good if more drivers were like that. A lot though seen to go into some do or die mode which car be a bit daunting to watch.
Old 10 June 2005, 09:16 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day, I dont mind a quick blast from the traffic lights or a nice open road, but when you put me or anybody else lives in danger by driving like a prat, you have to just let them get on with it and keep a distance, no point in dieing to prove a point.
Old 10 June 2005, 10:06 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

On my way to the last surrey scooby meet some idiot decided he would show of and overtock me and two other scoobys on a blind corner, if anybody was coming the other way they wouldnt of stood a chance, its people like this that drive me mad, they dont think of anyone else
Old 10 June 2005, 10:41 PM
98prodrivewrs
Scooby Regular

I agree nothing wrong with a sensible bit of fun. Its when the other driver starts acting like a prat. When that happens i slow up and leve him too it. Sometimes though the other guy wont quit, especial when you have left them for dead and begin normal driving again. Suddenly you see them in your rearview mirror doing kamakazi moves just to get past any traffic, to get back behind you as if proving some sort of point. Then sits inches away from you back bumper acting like a total moron. Just wish the idots would get a grip even if they dont care about their own saftey at least show some for others.

Last night was on a long straight at a constant high speed. See a little fool in distance going flat out just to catch up with me. Never incresed my speed just stayed at same pace. Noticed a car coming on the opposite side of the road. Then the stupid prat who had by that point got quite close trys and overtake me. Was an old fiesta first shape must have been going flat out. He managed to get the front of his car level with my door and thats as fast as his car would go. The oncoming car was getting closer gestured for him to pull back in. Did not want to brake incase he pulled in. Gives me the finger and keeps going. So i had to drop a gear and go flat out, then the **** stays out for a good few secs befor pulling in. The car heading our way had by that time dropped to about 10mph. Little prat still not happy and tries to chase after me flashing his lights, tooting his horn. Ended up pulling in and getting out, waved him in. Notice about 4 or 5 in the car as he was slowing to pull in, just grabbed out my metal car lock (small baseball bat type) they then just pulled away. Luckly
Old 11 June 2005, 09:36 AM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

A few words spring to mind about these "persons" chavs and nutters. The total lack of respect of other peoples lives and their own is bought about IMHO by how they are bought up by parents. Morals should be installed by parents im sure many of you on here are parents and that you have installed or drummed morals, politeness and other such values into them.
However this does not protect them from kids whose parents haven't, you all know the story if they get in with the wrong crowd etc, decisions that were easy when guided by ourselves, are now clouded. A willingness to show off in front of their mates or to prove a point takes over.

I myself was not without a bit of rash thought when i was younger especially in cars but always knew my limits. As previous people have said we all race of lights and on open roads where we judge it to be safe, but to race like these people did in that fiesta is just utterly stupid

None of us are perfect, but with the high powered cars we drive, an air of sensibliity ( is this a word lol ) prevails in all of us

Mark

Last edited by Wmscooby; 11 June 2005 at 09:37 AM. Reason: oops