Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Black STI Type UK on Gillars Lane & Burrows Lane

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2005, 04:31 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black STI Type UK on Gillars Lane & Burrows Lane

Take it, it was you Hanley, I was behind you at the T-junction in my Micra (work car). Paul told me that he tested your new car out the other day!
Very nice car mate, especially showing that Almera Tino that you shouldnt over take in hatched areas
Think it has helped me make up my mind about what to change my Scoob for soon

Ayde
Old 29 March 2005, 05:33 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Hi Ayde

Yeah that was me, that guy in the Almero Tino really pissed me off

I was going about 40 up that road minding my own business and he was so far up my **** he could see what I had for dinner

Just thought I would give the right foot a little blip as he tried to pass me

I saw your admiring glances when I was sat at the junction, I wasn't laughing at your micra honest

Pat tested it out alright.....**** myself!!!!!! I'm sure you know what he's like though

How come you were in a Micra, don't you have a silver classic? Seen a few around St Helens lately

Made up with the car, only had it 3 weeks and I can't get the grin off my face, although it's a bit of a shocker seeing the difference in fuel consumption between a classic and a STI PPP

What the hell its worth it

Spotted at last, took 3 weeks!!!!

Old 30 March 2005, 01:20 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Had an attempted car jacking on my way into work last September luckily they were unarmed and got a few punches back off me. So I got the Micra for work and the Scoobs a weekend car now. I am no worse off as I am only sticking £20 a week in the Micra as opposed to £50 in the scoob and I could bring the mileage right down on the insurance so its paying for itself. It just bugs me a bit when I see another scoob and im in the Micra wishing I was in the scoob but it makes it more fun to drive when I do.

Think I will be changing the scoob soon for an STI (6 year service due in september so I would rather chop it in and use the money I would spend on the service towards a new car). I cant decide between a UK or Import blobeye, at the moment the UK is winning but would want PPP.

Paul said he put the 6 speed box through its paces He took me out in his S13 at the weekend - that can shift and its not up to full power yet!
Old 30 March 2005, 06:56 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Ayde

He took me out in his car the night he drove mine....it's a monster and is looking good. I've told him he should bring it to the Northern Big One!!

He came round ours on Monday and I heard it about 5 minutes before he pulled into our road

You should come to the next meet at Micklehead Green and I'll take you out for a spin in mine, or pop round ours with Paul.

Old 30 March 2005, 12:32 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

are you too coming to the st.helens and surrounding areas meet at the micklehead green pub, (on the st.helens link road) next thursday??????????

You could get that girl of yours to bring her new black bug eye down as well.
Old 30 March 2005, 12:36 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ayde
It just bugs me a bit when I see another scoob and im in the Micra wishing I was in the scoob but it makes it more fun to drive when I do.

Think I will be changing the scoob soon for an STI (6 year service due in september so I would rather chop it in and use the money I would spend on the service towards a new car). I cant decide between a UK or Import blobeye, at the moment the UK is winning but would want PPP
i know the "i wish i was in the scooby feeling"

you wanna stick with what you have and mod it, instead of spending money on a new one, and do the service yourself and save a fortune!
Old 30 March 2005, 01:24 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Julian

Me and a mate from work Liddo (99 DBM) might be coming to the Micklehead Green meet next week

Havent been to one since I had my white scoob

May see you all next week

Trending Topics

Old 30 March 2005, 05:05 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Nice one Julian - keep bringing them in - the more the merrier - hopefully see you there Hanley - I saw a black STI UK playing with the motorbikes down the Rainford bybass on Easter Sunday (i was cycling at the time) - It went down Blindfoot (I think).. Same car?
P
Old 30 March 2005, 05:13 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Abdabz

I think that was more the bike playing with me

Think he was humouring me

Old 30 March 2005, 05:14 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Was on the way home from work, wasn't there a little convoy of bikes, then the guy in front decided he wanted a little play

Old 30 March 2005, 06:11 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93
i know the "i wish i was in the scooby feeling"

you wanna stick with what you have and mod it, instead of spending money on a new one, and do the service yourself and save a fortune!
Pretty much done all the basic mods so they would start getting a little more expensive and that money would be wasted cos I would still end up changing, had it a few years now and I feel like a change.
As for servicing I have always done my own servicing on my other cars but with the Impreza I would rather give my money to Prosport and let them do it as well as keeping my service history stamped up to date.
Old 30 March 2005, 07:09 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Nice one Julian - keep bringing them in - the more the merrier - hopefully see you there Hanley - I saw a black STI UK playing with the motorbikes down the Rainford bybass on Easter Sunday (i was cycling at the time) - It went down Blindfoot (I think).. Same car?
P
you need a lady bike so that gut can hang out!
Old 31 March 2005, 10:40 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Sorry Brad / err I mean Julian

Yes Hanley - that was how it looked - thing is I was doing 15mph as opposed to <ahem> 70mph so didnt see to much
Remember you'll always outbrake one of those bikes
P
Old 01 April 2005, 04:06 PM
scoobyPAT
Scooby Regular

QUOTE Hanley .............Pat tested it out alright.....**** myself!!!!!! I'm sure you know what he's like though..................

Ah my reputation preceeds me, PMSL, and I though that the smell was the cat .

Jen's scared I'm going to turn up in one now though and tell her that the I've got the mortgage over 30years

Fitted my new tyres now 4 x Yoko's but there are no KYB AGX's left in UK stock so I'll have to make do with Nissan shocks for now.............. a set of TEIN coilovers are seeming more tempting despite the rebuild bills and it's now running at 12-13psi with the fueling map and ignition checked and given a clean bill of health upto 17 so I just need an electric boost controller now.