Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Jammed up around M3 J4a/Farnborough

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2005, 09:03 AM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammed up around M3 J4a/Farnborough

Whilst sitting around getting nowhere this morning...

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...wpost&t=397850

...saw some classic Scoobs; DBM, reddish blue, and red wagons, as well as a P1 and silver saloon. Anyone here..?

I was in the DGM classic with lots of steam and cursing going on in the cabin.

Jonts
MY00 DGM.
Old 26 January 2005, 11:47 AM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I was there in my Crystal Grey WRX - joined at J4 London bound ' bout 8ish. Didn't notice any worse than usual (not hard tbh) - was it jammed up before J4 ?
Old 26 January 2005, 12:21 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bartop
Didn't notice any worse than usual (not hard tbh) - was it jammed up before J4 ?
Apols -- I probs didn't make it very clear. The jam was just off J4a, as you navigate the backroads heading towards Farnborough. Someone thought it'd be nice to close half a bridge using traffic lights and make sure no-one turned up for work until rush-hour had finished.

Oh wait, I sound surprised. LOL.

Jonts.
MY00 DGM.
Old 26 January 2005, 12:51 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Which bridge ? the one on the fleet road by the tarvel lodge ? if so it's probably Transco AGAIN !!! they are always doing that (live just down the road). Their work hours seem to be 10 til 2:30 with 2 hours for lunch in the Harvester.
It was much worse than normal today though, didn't see any of you guys today though (did see Bartop the other morning - I was parked,dropping daughter at Guillemont school). Did see MY00 red classic, non waver though.

Ian..

Silver MY00
Old 26 January 2005, 01:21 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiMan
Which bridge ?
I 'think' it's the one which rides over the B3014... the road itself is either the A327 or one just before you jump onto it. In visual terms, exit M3 J4a south-bound and take 2nd exit at the r'bout... then you're on a very wide single carriageway before coming to another r'bout. 1st exit left and you're on the offending bridge. It's just round the corner from Nokia.

Jonts
MY00 DGM.
Old 26 January 2005, 02:13 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

I've just had a dig around the Hampshire highway pages. "A327, bridge repairs, single lane controlled by traffic signals, starts 25th Jan, planned completion 31st Jan."

Fair enuff.

Jonts
MY00 DGM.
Old 26 January 2005, 02:29 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yup that's the bridge, repairs !!! it's only been up a couple of years !, they should have built it properly the first time.

But while we are on the subject of said bridge, there is a bit of a speed test on this bit of road - approach from J4a road end without crossing the white lines (ie onto the other side of the road), what's the top speed you can achieve as you pass under the bridge ?

Current record is 94.

I obviously do not condone this type of driving, and Mr Local plod does know of such antics, so be careful if you decide to pick up the gauntlet.

p.s.best to do very late at night or very early morning.

Ian..
Old 26 January 2005, 03:03 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

As Mr Local Plod, i utterly condone doing this in the spirit of competition, but do please do it late at night with no one around

I am confused however, to pass under that same bridge, you'd have to be on the railway tracks!!! Explain......
Old 26 January 2005, 04:17 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Which bridge ? the one on the fleet road by the tarvel lodge ? if so it's probably Transco AGAIN !!! they are always doing that (live just down the road). Their work hours seem to be 10 til 2:30 with 2 hours for lunch in the Harvester.
It was much worse than normal today though, didn't see any of you guys today though (did see Bartop the other morning - I was parked,dropping daughter at Guillemont school). Did see MY00 red classic, non waver though.

Ian..

Silver MY00
Bugger ! Really sorry m8, honestly didn't see you - being a new scooby owner I'm actively looking out for people to give a wave to at the moment Saw WRXPete the other day on the fleet road and exchanged waves

My son goes to Guillemont as well so I shall look out for you ! Seems like a lot of scoob owners around cove/farnborough - cool.

Are any of you guys going to the rolling road day in camberley in March ? If so I shall see you there

Last edited by Bartop; 26 January 2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 26 January 2005, 04:17 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Ok, explanation..
Starting at the roundabout on said bridge (as if you have just come past Nokia), drive down sweeping left bend (with harvester on your left), this brings you down onto the roundabout, petrol station & harvester is first exit, round down under the bridge is second exit, third takes you down to fleet.
So, down sweeping left hander, second exit off next roundabout taking you down under the bridge (without going over the white lines onto the other side of road)- and then gun it to the bridge.
Times so far..
Cupra type R..85
Clio 172..84
CTR..84
Audi TT AMD 270bhp..80
MY00..
wait for it

But must stress, done at 5:30am with no other traffic about.
Old 26 January 2005, 04:48 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Got ya - might be a bit easier to do it the other way tho - ie turn right out of trunk road and see how fast you can get to before going under the bridge - bit more of a drag so the scoobs handling wudn't come into play admittedly

Not that I would ever consider trying such a thing occifer

Oh and thanks for the tip - I'll make sure I come off at J4 for a while
Old 26 January 2005, 06:32 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Ok, explanation..
Starting at the roundabout on said bridge (as if you have just come past Nokia), drive down sweeping left bend (with harvester on your left), this brings you down onto the roundabout, petrol station & harvester is first exit, round down under the bridge is second exit, third takes you down to fleet.
So, down sweeping left hander, second exit off next roundabout taking you down under the bridge (without going over the white lines onto the other side of road)- and then gun it to the bridge.
Times so far..
Cupra type R..85
Clio 172..84
CTR..84
Audi TT AMD 270bhp..80
MY00..
wait for it

But must stress, done at 5:30am with no other traffic about.
Gotcha, watch this space....
And yes i'll be with SurreyScoobies at the rolling road day, although i have a horrible feeling i'll come last