Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Loads in Biggin Hill Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2004, 07:54 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loads in Biggin Hill Sunday

Made a big mistake of forgetting the new airshow was on today as I attempted to drive through Biggin Hill but saw loads and loads of Scoobs including a BRG classic with gold rims and morrettes trying to turn into the old RAF base only to come back onto main road when his way was blocked, another BRG classic who waved coming the other way (possibly with a Lancaster sticker in window), a late black WRX parked up opposite the old airbase with couple leaning on it (who turned and watched as I purred by) and the old fave yet to be tracked down parked up in Westerham again (U.K STI withScooby plate)

Damn good day for Scoobies!

R
Old 20 September 2004, 09:20 PM
Spenny_B
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I was there too mate (on the Sunday), black Type R with Gold OZ's...navigating my way thro the single lanes with two lots of traffic trying to go through! Nice work from local BiB

Have to say, only saw one silver WRX parked up though, but was parked down the bottom of the runway....damn good day out!
Old 21 September 2004, 11:00 AM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spenny_B
Yeah, I was there too mate (on the Sunday), black Type R with Gold OZ's...navigating my way thro the single lanes with two lots of traffic trying to go through! Nice work from local BiB

Have to say, only saw one silver WRX parked up though, but was parked down the bottom of the runway....damn good day out!

Yay!!! that was me parked right near the bottom of the runway, there was an accident on the road to the base and we got delayed for about an hour.

Good show, shame the F-15's didn't park up or make more of a flying display

Tornado = Bloddy Loud or wot??

Last edited by Krade; 21 September 2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 21 September 2004, 11:53 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Don't know what one it was, possibly a F-15 and very loud, but one barrel rolled right above me as I was driving up towards Leaves Green (I swear I looked right at the pilot and he winked so probably a Scooby driver !) - it really was that low and scared the **** out of me so much that there was nearly another accident on the road but this time involving me in my Type R and a row of coppers!

I was surprised just how far away people had parked up to watch the show. I thought I'd avoid Biggin Hill on my way home so went via Warlingham/Titsey Hill instead and there were scores of cars parked up there (by Botley Farmhouse) too.

R
Old 21 September 2004, 08:51 PM
Andy Hobson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RussBoy
I was surprised just how far away people had parked up to watch the show. I thought I'd avoid Biggin Hill on my way home so went via Warlingham/Titsey Hill instead and there were scores of cars parked up there (by Botley Farmhouse) too.
I got a pretty good view from my back garden in Limpsfield Got buzzed by the Red Arrows and various other noisy things in formation. I last went a few years back and they had 2 Russian Sukoy (?) fighters which flew right at each other along the runway and a swear they missed by inches

Andy
Old 23 September 2004, 09:53 PM
Spenny_B
Scooby Regular

Yay!!! that was me parked right near the bottom of the runway, there was an accident on the road to the base and we got delayed for about an hour.

Good show, shame the F-15's didn't park up or make more of a flying display

Tornado = Bloddy Loud or wot??
Unfortunately, we had to make tracks back home before the end of the show, so missed the Tornado's AND the F-15's, dag-nammit...you know the reason we had to leave??...S**ding GOLF!!...blinking Ryder Cup or something was on telly??!!