Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Rockingham Scoobs

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2004, 08:34 AM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rockingham Scoobs

Loads of scoobs at Rockingham on Sunday for the Days Of Thunder Event.

MY04 Sti8 x2.
DGM classic.
RB5 parked next to us.
+ a few more.
Old 04 May 2004, 09:21 PM
Marin
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Neil W
Loads of scoobs at Rockingham on Sunday for the Days Of Thunder Event.

MY04 Sti8 x2.
DGM classic.
RB5 parked next to us.
+ a few more.
The RB5 was mine! Looking very dirty I'm afraid but didn't have time to wash it. I saw the DGM classic, he followed us on the way to the track for a while. Also saw a couple of new Sti's which looked very nice.

Good racing and 'er indoors enjoyed Blue so a good day had by all :-)
Old 05 May 2004, 08:02 AM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marin
The RB5 was mine! Looking very dirty I'm afraid but didn't have time to wash it. I saw the DGM classic, he followed us on the way to the track for a while. Also saw a couple of new Sti's which looked very nice.

Good racing and 'er indoors enjoyed Blue so a good day had by all :-)

We were in the people carrier parked next to you and also spotted you on the way down. Was a very good day and Blue went down very well with the partners.

Was a bit disorganised with everyone trying to leave at the same time though but look forward to going again.
Old 05 May 2004, 06:27 PM
Marin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neil W
We were in the people carrier parked next to you and also spotted you on the way down. Was a very good day and Blue went down very well with the partners.

Was a bit disorganised with everyone trying to leave at the same time though but look forward to going again.
You should have said hello :-) There was a bit of a queue but not as bad as some of the old GP's I used to go to. I like Rockingham, they have really put a lot of effort into the place. Did you go to the Champcar meetings when they were there? They really were something, averaging 215mph!!!

I'm toying with the idea of doing the M3 experience as it sounds like you do get the chance to use the car to the full - have you done any of he experiences at Rockingham?
Old 06 May 2004, 04:41 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marin
You should have said hello :-) There was a bit of a queue but not as bad as some of the old GP's I used to go to. I like Rockingham, they have really put a lot of effort into the place. Did you go to the Champcar meetings when they were there? They really were something, averaging 215mph!!!

I'm toying with the idea of doing the M3 experience as it sounds like you do get the chance to use the car to the full - have you done any of he experiences at Rockingham?

It was my first time at Rockingham but will definitely go again soon and the driving experiences look very tempting We booked the tickets online to get the discount but when we arrived we just walked straight in and no one even asked us for our tickets. Maybe I will just turn up next time and see what happens..

I noticed you removing your fog covers - is the car park secure or has there been thefts in the past.
Old 06 May 2004, 06:35 PM
Marin
Scooby Regular

I'm not aware of any problems in the car park - just Mr. Paranoid! I try to keep the covers on when I can to protect the lenses, having had one smashed by a stone out of a Landrovers tyre but I think they are a bit vunerable to the 'car park accessory shop' brigade!