Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

P1 '** SYP' nr Abinger Hammer Surrey. Dodgy overtake rant!

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2004, 03:11 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm not normally one to moan on this BBS about other Subaru drivers, and I'm sure we've all been a bit silly in our Sccobs over the years, but this one just got to me.

Pretty standard looking P1, ** SYP. Monday morning past Abinger Hammer going towards Effingham on Critern Lane. This is a narrow high banked road with awful tarmac edges.

The driver will probably never read this, but if he/she does or someone knows this car, then tell him/her he's going to kill someone one day. You may have one of the best Impreza's every built and yes it handles well and is very fast, but that overtake was madness.

I know the 206 in front of you was a bit in the middle of road and stopped you from squeezing pass on the straight, but that stretch of road is so narrow, very slippy and the tarmac is just sh*t at the edges, so I'm not surprised he held you back.

What amazed me was the fact you over took at a more unsafe place, (to prove a point?) got past the 206 (very quickly though), but then just had enough time and space to pull in front of the 206 and behind the 307 while missing the large white van coming the other way.

It's that type of driving that gives all Subaru owners a bad name. From where I was sitting I had a great view of the whole thing. If I were in the 307 or the van, then I would have been making certain signs with my hands at you.

I did laugh at the fact the 206 caught you up and was behind you in the queue of traffic before you turned left into the station car park

Watch out for this nut bag.

J.