Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Warning! Watch out all owners in the Leigh/Astley area of Manchester!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2001, 11:19 AM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Bl00dy hell - that's only down the road from me I thought I heard a few sirens last night, now I know why. Cheers for the warning Andi. I'll make sure all my neighbours know about this as well.

Looks like I'll have to dig out my cricket bat again, purely for sporting reasons only officer......
Old 27 August 2001, 12:14 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Some tw@t is going around setting fire to the side of peoples cars, they open your filler cap and light it. THis ain't just limited to scoobs though, I seen a fiesta and a mondeo done tonight. It seems to be going on along Manchester Road in Astley. All the local Scooby owners have hidden their cars ;-)
Old 27 August 2001, 03:18 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Angry

The little b@stards are making right messes of people's cars, the fiesta I saw was totally melted, most of the bumper was missing and the entire side was scorched. Where 'bouts are you from then?
Old 27 August 2001, 05:17 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Angry

I live not too far from Manchester Road in Astley. I keep my car out of sight most of the time when I'm not driving it, so it shouldn't be an obvious target for these idiots. The guy who owns our local newsagents says that there has been trouble all weekend with groups of pi55ed up kids smashing car and house windows

My car's a green MY97 with gold speedlines - what's yours?

Alex
Old 27 August 2001, 05:24 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Cool

Alex, don't think I've seen you about, I live in the village bit off Astley, down the side of the pub called The Miners Arms. You know it?

Sadly, I don't drive at the mo, bit too young ! I'm only 15 but I'm scooby mad and savin up. If I see you about I'll give you a wave, I'm very distinctive, big lad (6'2) drooling at passing motors!

Andi
Old 27 August 2001, 07:58 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

I know the Miners Arms well - good beer and good food. Apologies in advance if I don't wave back cos I'm usually looking out for other scoobys and marked/unmarked cars!
Old 28 August 2001, 02:46 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Smile

don't know too much about the beer mate ! Chippy across road does great prawn crackers though !!!! Well i'll give you a wave if i see you! Only a year and a bit to go and maybe I'll show you what my new scoob can do !

So, where abouts exactly is it you live?

[This message has been edited by AndiThompson (edited 28 August 2001).]