Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A5109 - Northampton - Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2001, 04:47 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

1. Black WRX(?) passed me heading north. I flashed but could not tell if you waved due to the sun glare from your windscreen,

2. Just getting into my car at a pub in Chaple Bromford(?), A5109, when a blue 4 door with gold wheels and big wing passed, also going north. I saw you look over but not sure if you registered..

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>

Silver 4 Door MY95
Old 01 August 2001, 09:57 PM
Steve Gibbins
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

T'was me in the DBM with gold wheels that you saw going thru Chapel Brampton, I did see you in the pub car park, but wasn't sure whether you saw me or not!!

Steve
Old 02 August 2001, 10:02 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

OH MY GOD!! At last!

Yea, I saw (and heard) you mate. Nice car.

We were on our way home back up the A5199 after looking around the Northampton Mamas and Pappas store and decided to have lunch. It's a nice pub and some very nice food. Didn't wave as I was not sure if you saw me, since the car was parked up under the shade. We left about 30 secs after you went by could not see you anywhere on the road.

Made my day now...
Old 02 August 2001, 05:39 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Nimbus, I must have missed you, we were there also, felt really proud loading up the boot and back seat with stuff form M&P.

Another visit soon?, no doubt
Old 03 August 2001, 02:41 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Hi Mark,

We were there sometime between 11am and 12 noon. I did see a blue/purpleish 5 door turbo parked up outside the store. Was that you (or anyone else here)?

We mainly went there to get a better idea of fabrics, wall paper etc for the nursery. I'm sure we will be back again when it eventually arrives There just *loads* of stuff you can buy

Hope all goes well...
Old 06 August 2001, 07:23 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Nimbus, I was in a Silver 4 door, a little later on, had to tow the line with the outlaw on the back seat.

Have you long to go?, until those sleepless nights.

Regards

Mark
Old 06 August 2001, 10:17 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just about 3 weeks to go now. It's due on 1st September. Wifey wants it to be on time, but that date is when the England v Germany qualifer is!!!

How about you?

Trending Topics

Old 06 August 2001, 10:31 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Also, Yesterday picked up some bits we had ordered. Cot/bed, travel system (car seat, pushchair), matress. Managed to fit it all in the 4 door scooby. Pretty good I thought.

Didn't get it from the store in the end. We went to a shop in Ashby, who gave us a good discount. Now only got to figure out how to assemble the cot/bet...
Old 07 August 2001, 08:05 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

My wife is due 4th Oct. She's given up work and bored already. I'm sure that will change

Purchased M&Ps changing facility, clothes etc. Picked up pram, car seat on Saturday, still waiting for cot and utilities pack for pram. We ended up at a place in Market Harborough, seem nice people.

Tend not to go out in the scooby when parked outside a baby shop, sends the women wild seeing a potent guy driving an Impreza, that's what I tell the wife anyway.

Wife having the usual symptoms, swollen ankles, getting up five times a night to relieve herself, tired. The list goes on.

Mark
Old 07 August 2001, 09:54 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Mark,

You mean "Prams and Things" in Market Harborough? My wife has ordered some of the M&P cutain matrial from there. The lady who owns the shop knows someone who can make up a set of lined cutains and blinds (the ones from M&P are not lined and are not long enough ). This is now my wifes favorite shop

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>
Wife having the usual symptoms, swollen ankles, getting up five times a night to relieve herself, tired. The list goes on
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me about it. Sleepless nights..? Already getting those...

Hope all goes well and we will probably bump into each other at some point.

Cheers

Old 08 August 2001, 12:50 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Nimbus, that's right. My wife has also ordered some M&P curtain material, some yellow stuff. I'm sure we'll go over another fifty times before it's due. May well see you.
Take it easy

Mark
Old 08 August 2001, 04:31 PM
Sue
Scooby Regular

[Don't know if its any help but I had a little boy 3 years ago and Im selling off loads of starter kit and stuff 0-2...its all in mint condition..I keep me baby stuff like I keep me car...pristine!!!!
Seriosly I am a bit of a perfectionist otherwise wouldnt mention 2nd hand stuff, but this is all v high quality toys and things
I live nr Brackley so if u or ur wives wanted to have a look at any stage we could arrange something. I know that although we had a fair amount of money to spend on young sprog I wished at the time that someone would offer me some good cheap kit!!!!
And its lovely to hear 2 guys chatting about forthcoming fatherhood...I'll have to start an advice for new parents thread...Ive got the t shirt!!!....regards to both ur wives/partners....Sue
Old 08 August 2001, 04:40 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the offer. What sort of item do you have for sale?
Old 08 August 2001, 05:21 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Sue, I know we've been ranting on. I notice you are in Northants, I'm in Kettering, not sure where Nimbus is?

Mark
Old 08 August 2001, 05:29 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Sue

Ignore my where are you request, If I had read it properly I would have noticed you are near Brackley. Must be the imminent fatherhood experience.

You should put a post of what you have, or just place it in this one.

Regards

Mark
Old 08 August 2001, 05:34 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I live south of Leicester (or RATAE in Roman times ).

Sue if you would prefer you can either post a list of items here or just e-mail.

Thanks

Old 08 August 2001, 07:59 PM
Sue
Scooby Regular

Mark/Nimbus I'll dig out the list tomorrow (Thurs) and post it here...and I'll have to keep me eyes peeled near all Mothercares in the vicinity for the cars
mines a metallic green turbo gold wheels S reg with a socking great Magnex on her....she's my best baby!!!!