Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

be nice to me,,,,,,,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2001, 12:11 AM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi! Apparently I am a 'Scoobie Newbie' and I haven't the faintest idea what you lot are going on about! I have been commuting from North Kent to Croydon for the last year in a MY01( ? is that right?) and since start of the month in a Y-reg P1 and regularly see a dark blue MY01, W-reg, and a silver same, but boo hoo, not 'spotted' yet, not even by you chaps that seem to hang around the A21. I'm just loosening up enough to give a little wave, but still feel a bit of a prat when I do, I need help!

so BE NICE!!

Secret Squirrel
Old 27 April 2001, 12:44 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Hi Secret

The MY01 is the new shape Impreza. Is this what you mean? The last of the old shape was the MY00.

P1?? Now you're making me jealous!!

Don't be afraid to give a wave. (hey, could be the new 'was it you' forum motto ). Although you'll probably find that more people ignore you than respond, it's a great feeling when you do get a wave back . Makes you feel all warm inside...

Anyway, Welcome!!!!!

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>
Old 27 April 2001, 03:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Hey Mr Squirrel, whatcha doing on Sunday June 10th?

take a peek at
Old 27 April 2001, 05:10 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Cool

You might see me wandering around the Sevenoaks area and A21, usually in the evenings and weekends. I've got a silver N-reg (MY 95) WRX with STI foglight covers. Will wave if I see ya.
Old 27 April 2001, 05:25 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

ZAZ same thing applies to you, check out the thread!
Old 27 April 2001, 06:09 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Secret S

I think you might find that the W reg is a MY00. Chap I know from Cambs commutes to Croydon every day

M25 & comes off @ A21 turn-off & cuts through...
Old 28 April 2001, 10:31 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Wink

What you do for a living Mr Squirrel?

R
Old 28 April 2001, 10:57 AM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Nimbus:
<B>Hi Secret

The MY01 is the new shape Impreza. Is this what you mean? The last of the old shape was the MY00.

P1?? Now you're making me jealous!!

Don't be afraid to give a wave. (hey, could be the new 'was it you' forum motto ). Although you'll probably find that more people ignore you than respond, it's a great feeling when you do get a wave back . Makes you feel all warm inside...

Anyway, Welcome!!!!!

N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 28 April 2001, 11:21 AM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

oh right, it would have been the MY00 then. The P1 came up unexpectedly as a 'just happen to have one available after all'(hmmmmm)and the Old Man just couldn't resist it!

Has anyone else heard of this from the dealers ..'Proline had production problems so there were a lot of cancelled orders hence new ones suddenly available?' Why would anyone want to cancel a P1?! After all people wait years for a Morgan.

I 've been told to ask....anyone any comments / experience of Pagid brake discs and pads? Any good? Scooby Sport apparently recommend the blue 'for gravel' pads over the black 'for Tarmac ' ones as they are good from lower temperatures.

Are such technical questions a subject of hot debate at the Jacobean Barn? or just a loud general insults session?!

I reckon I've seen the blue MY00 mentioned by Puff the Magic Wagon. His was the same vehicle as mine although I had tints on the windows. We both roam the back lanes and he dives off via the Biggin Hill route while I plump for Keston, and he turns off Croham Road before me. I generally win! Don't fancy commuting from Cambs though, the 30 miles I do is bad enough.

10 June event on the calendar!

And Ronaldo, the handle is a clue but sssshhhhh, if I told you I'd have to kill you..

Was in Westerham over Easter and saw two parked green WRXs, who that?

Cheers for the welcome chaps, see you about.

'don't be afraid to wave'

SS
Old 30 April 2001, 07:53 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Squirrel, I hope you feel welcome now. I too am a newbie and feel too shy to wave to anyone but would wave to you or others if I saw you. I'm visiting the folks in E Sussex In May so if you drive in that direction I may see you.
Old 01 May 2001, 07:56 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Talking

You lot are making me all nostalgic - I used to live in Thornton Heath many moons ago when I had a Vauxhall Viva (HB model)

Well I do occasionally revisit family and am surprised that anyone around there wouldn't want to acknowledge another Scooby, epecially using the back roads of the Surret/Kent borders.
Memories, ah!!

ps I have a red WRX (yeah, a proper one from Japan )