Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

green legacy with 3 occupants, A6 from Whaley Bridge by pass

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 08:59 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was out on my very first night ride, around 10:30 pm, and had just gone up the bypass from whaley to see what she could do, got it up to 100 up, then turned around and booted it gently again, 100 again, nice. Overtaking the slower cars until you sped up, and I flashed you when you indicated you were pulling out, and let you go. You flew around the roundabout, but had to slow for a few cars before the bridge, then we drove nice and sedately through to disley, where you took the car in front before the corner at Lyme Park, caught up with you again, and then you turned into the posh pub in high lane, and flashed your hazards. sorry I didnt stop, but I wasnt really dressed for the place, otherwise I would of had a coke with you. Went on down Threaphurst and then Torkington lanes after that, and then home, lovely night. I had been up the snake pass, and through castleton and hope.
see you again?
chris.
Old 20 April 2003, 10:40 AM
Harps WRX
Scooby Regular

Wondered whether you might be one here mate I was the front seat passenger! That wing on your car is huge, what sort is it? Must admit didn't think the good old legacy was going to get round that roundabout at that speed, if I hadn't been drinking I think I'd have been pretty scared! Was a shame that the area is so built up we would have enjoyed a longer play. PS we don't know those roads all that well - didn't go through any speed traps did we?
Old 20 April 2003, 02:18 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Hi there, yes you did look a bit quick around the roundabout, hehe.
As for speed cameras, I just got a road angel yesterday, and the only one that came up along our route was just after the pub carpark you turned into, but that has been there for years, so knew about that one already.
So, is the driver not a club member? If not, it's a shame they don't allow any subaru driver, not just imprezas. Where had you come from, if you were unfamiliar with the roads?
see you again,
chris.