Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Derby, Blue Boxster S - sorry just not fsat enough!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2003, 09:58 AM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Coming out of the roundabout to join the A50 on Sunday morning.
Boxster booted it leaving me no option but to follow suit......obviously. So imagine my howling with laughter as I edged past your 3.2 litre £38,000 bit of machinery (sorry couldn't resist the wave). Oh, sad I know but it did brighten up my day.....your face really was a picture.
I can almost here the conversation with your missus before you were listening to howl of my exhaust.......
- Look at this joker behind darling, wait till we get out of this roundabout and I'll show him
- Good idea pumpkin
- errrrr, errrr, there must be something wrong with the car, he's coming past, errr, errrr.

I'm glad I was pulling off at Donnington though, because I hadn't spotted the old bill on thge bridge either!!!!! But we were doing OKish speeds when we got into his field of vision (I think).

Old 13 January 2003, 10:09 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

Written like a true NovaBoy

Glad you had fun but is it so hard to believe that he might have been thinking. 'Look honey we've got a scooby on our *** lets see what she can do' and wasn't at all disapointed at loosing?
Old 13 January 2003, 01:43 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Wink

I know - sad isn't it. But I think its fair to say that most of us will have a little go when its safe to do so on a straight road etc, etc etc as it was here.

And yeah, you could be right - but the look on his face told a different story. Still, it was a bit of fun anyway and I was very suprised at how well the Scooby did, although seeing that the Boxster S has only 260 bhp and I'm running around 230ish I guess its not that strange.

Anyway - gotta get used to being a sad Nova Boy, Scooby's going soon to be replaced with a CTR Anniversary (pimp tints n all I'm afraid. They are standard but thats no excuse I know)
Old 13 January 2003, 01:57 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

Wow, you passed one with a 230bhp scooby? What type of scooby? I'd have had a go to you know

Good choice of replacement car IMO