Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Lorry Drivers !

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2002, 06:54 PM
ChrisC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Grade A prat in a white cabbed artic on the M6 at Thelwall where there are more SPECS cameras than enough seemed very upset I would not break the 40 mph speed limit. Flashing lights and horn blowing and climbing into the boot - still didn't see him after the zone ended ! !
I know he won't be here but I feel better for the rant !!!

[Edited by ChrisC - 12/15/2002 6:55:27 PM]
Old 16 December 2002, 01:59 AM
will19702001
Scooby Regular

If it makes you feel any better i`d like to apologise for the above mentioned `Lorry Driver!` (singular) lol
I myself am a professional driver of the LGV type and also a scooby owner and as much as i`d like to defend my fellow `BIG WHEELERS` there are always some exceptions to the rest of us who try to stay as polite as possible.
For whatever reason he had for driving that close there is no excuse at all and more to the point he obviously is ignorant to all things scooby!!
Unfortunatly your standard run `o` the mill car driver is also ignorant to certain things LGV!! e.g. overtaking lorries at roundabouts, passing lorries on the nearside at roundabouts,slowing down and when we overtake they speed up again...and dont even mention caravans!!..etc..etc..etc.
Anyway, just to echo the apology ok...(feels good to have a rant!!!)
Old 16 December 2002, 02:54 AM
Miles
Scooby Regular

I do have to say that the boys driving the artics are cool, the boys driving the wee ****ty Leyland Roadrunner type trucks are not of the same calibre. Sorry, but it's true.

I tow my mother horses from time to time and the boys in the artics know what you are up to, whereas the boys in the small trucks don't have a clue.
Old 16 December 2002, 06:19 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

I to drive Hgv tankers and sub owner. Like guy said before we can only apolagise for the idiots. Dont tar us all with same brush mate. I go over thelwal 4 times a night and it amazes me how many people that dont give a toss to the 40 mph limit.Not me mate .Losse licence loose fun of owning and driving scooby. If i do see scoob on road i just like to look at them. The guy who give u grief will get his day on day trust me.
Old 16 December 2002, 04:06 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

I used to work for a transport and distrubtion company, the majority of HGV/LGV drivers are professional in their driving and have to suffer idiots in cars - there are however a small minority of to55ers who should never have been given their HGV class 1.
Old 16 December 2002, 06:42 PM
beanchimp
Scooby Regular

I agree whole heartedly

I was up in leeds a while back, getting some bacon butties, from a roadside cafe, and this wagon driver told me, he doesn't give a sh*t about cars, he has absolulty no problem running them into walls, off the road etc, when they try and get past , when a lane is going from 3-2 or 2-1

Old 16 December 2002, 08:16 PM
ChrisC
Scooby Regular

I take the point - many years ago my old man was a lorry driver so I should have used the singular.
Maybe he just thought it was clever ! or then again he just did not engage his brain.
Old 17 December 2002, 07:56 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Red face

The trouble also is the way some of them get payed on trip money,ie so much for the run. I again last night went over Thelwall a 40mph got flashed and sworn at by the minority of idiots behind the Wheel of a Hgv even thou i was loaded with Chemical, 24 tonnes of to be precise.. what amazes me is that im limited to 56 mph ( and it does only do 56 mph) And im still overtaken.
Old 17 December 2002, 08:09 AM
HGV1 Driver
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yes it is difulcult, in the day time i am driving me scania and 44 foot trailer with some car idiots on the road and at night and at weekends driving me scoob with some truck idiots, i think these days everyone is in a hurry, but me scania is governed down to 56mph !!!!.

Jon
Old 17 December 2002, 11:51 AM
softwizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

I for one will never forget that Mike Hailwood was in effect assassinated by a truck driver, who made an illegal turn across the dual carriageway on the A435 and took him out. I always wondered why the b*st*rd never went to jail.
Old 18 December 2002, 10:28 AM
phm
Scooby Regular

I drive a 27 ton recovery truck for a living and when you've got an artic on tow or something similiar, some drivers just haven't got a clue [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] some drivers just don't appreciate how much a truck can cut in. All in all, car divers, HGV drivers, bikers etc are all number one enemies to themselves - everyone else is in the wrong but never themselves Safe driving and anticipate everything!!

PHM
Old 18 December 2002, 10:34 AM
softwizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah, sure - people should anticipate bad behaviour by other drivers.

It's still *bad behaviour*
Old 18 December 2002, 10:07 PM
ChrisC
Scooby Regular

Red face

I am not difficult - honest.
BUT I know people can be stupid and usually allow for it. However, I could only move right into the car in the next lane or left through the barrier into mid air (and then the Ship Canal/Mersey) or put my licence at risk.
Now I know what I think was unreasonable !
Old 19 December 2002, 12:16 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Any non Eddie Stobart wagon driver is an ****.
Old 19 December 2002, 02:04 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Eddie Stobart driver=saaa aaaa aaaaad...