Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Making waves.......Surrey

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2002, 10:41 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do a journey from Frimley to Woking every day through Pirbright bends - couldn't ask for better twisty bits :-) Varying times so see several different Scoobs en route. A nod or wave gets an acknowledgement from all but the lady drivers (don't understand this?) and the ones that haven't woken up yet.

Happy driving!

From MY00 DBM with Gold alloys.
Old 11 November 2002, 11:04 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pirbright Bends - my favorite stretch of road! (Bloody lethal in the wet though!)

Don't travel down it that much since I moved but still find time to have a blat 3 or 4 times a week.....

Cheers
DP. (RB5).

Old 14 November 2002, 02:49 PM
Avril
Scooby Regular

Another vote for the Pirbright Bends. The A339 between Basingstoke and Alton is FAB too!

Old 14 November 2002, 08:17 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

My vote too them bends, used to live in West End now Farnborough.

Although I have to say my wife drives the beast in the week and she comes home moaning about men scooby drivers not waving! So if you see a blonde in a silver wagon make sure you wave to save me the ear ache.

PP
Old 15 November 2002, 09:07 AM
Richardw
Scooby Regular

I'm a West End lad but havent discovered these bends yet...must do a reckie tomorrow bright and early!

The B311 from Camberley ( with the eau-rouge style bit in the middle ) and down the A319 down to chobham and onto Ottershaw is always a good route to attack when its clear....scared the ******* out of friend in my FTO down there when he was interested in buying one. I wonder what he'd think of the scoob :-(
Old 18 November 2002, 01:19 AM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Not done the Pirbright bends bit in the Scoob yet, but I know where you mean - still kind of fun in my Corsa so I can imagine what it's like in the Scoob as the straights are long enough to overtake. I hated it getting stuck behind slow cars (do people not know the speed limit down there) in the Corsa one time in particular.

A339 also a great one, apparently a biker's fave too.

But my fave so far (only done in the Corsa too, but while on the way back from a rally track-day out type thing having driven an Impreza and a Ferrari for the 1st time so was in the mood to enjoy the driving) is the A43... Awesome road, and I've really been trying to find an excuse to head that way again ever since I've had the Scoob.

Down in Kent coming out of Tunbridge Wells onto the motorway (or is it A-road?) down the hill and round a sweeping bend with fir trees that opens up the view is beautiful and would be more fun if it was emptier.

Oh, and the A323 from Guildford back to Aldershot can be half-decent too. But not as fast.

[Edited by breezer - 11/18/2002 1:20:05 AM]