Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Tuscan in Petts Wood: Moronic passenger!

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2002, 02:41 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Was it you who was carying the passenger who decided to open their door right in to the side of my P1!!!!! leaving a nice big dent and a load of the paint off of your car on mine!!

If it was you then I guess the note you left under my windscreen wiper with a contact number must have blown away before I got back to my car!!!

Can someone please tell me why very few people seem to have the common courtesy to admit to their mistakes and then take what action they can to rectify them?!

[Edited by SiWhite - 11/5/2002 2:41:36 PM]
Old 11 May 2002, 06:56 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Angry

Your not the only one mate.

My motor was reversed into whilst parked up. Got back to the car after work with a note attached saying sorry I hit your wing mirror when in actual fact they had not only ripped the wing mirror off but also ploughed into the passenger door. Needless to say the number left has constantly been a voice male "Hello, youve reached the voicemail of Pat Sulivan" If your out there why havent you responded to my messages and Woking Police Stations message. To say I am p****d off is an understatement!!!

BarStewards the lot of 'em.

[Edited by prodriva - 11/5/2002 6:58:03 PM]
Old 11 July 2002, 01:20 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

Angry

I've been parking mine in the same station carpark for 3-4 months without any problems at all. Got back to it last Friday to find someone and banged into the front offside wing

I was parked in the last space in the far corner of the car park. I'd even parked to the left in this space to try and stop the doors from getting knocked by the car next to it.

There was no note left on my Scoob, but from the size of the dent the other driver would have known they'd hit something. What winds me up is the fact they probably thought ... dark carpark ... no one around ... I'm doing a runner.

To make the car look good again I need a new wing ... £300 ? £400 ? £500 ? but 'Dent Magician' in Henfield (Small Dole) Sussex has done a good job for £49.

Still anoyed about the whole thing. Honesty has just disappeared.

J.

[Edited by fdpxfunix - 11/7/2002 1:21:17 PM]
Old 05 November 2002, 05:23 PM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Angry

It wasn't me, but I can sympathise with you - I have paid just over £900 in the last year and a half for other inconsiderate peoples behaviour when parking in car parks (Supermarkets are the worst).

All I can do is suggest that you take up at least 2 spaces in any car park you go to - I even park a little further away if necessary.

But it ******* pi55es me off - look on the bright side, you were not in a crash and although its aggro, you are ok

eliot
Old 07 November 2002, 08:25 AM
rb5tfh
Scooby Regular

Wink

Still. It can cost not to sort these things out. I remember driving through a car park in Aldershot when a car started reversing towards me. As I was stuck in a queue at the time, I sounded my horn. However, on closer examination, it turned out there was no one in the car! I could only watch as the car trundled into the side of my car wiping out two doors and the front wing. The warden broke into the car(sunroof open!) for me and put the handbrake on leaving a note for the driver explaining that their carelessness had left me with a lopsided car. Did they get back to me? No chance. In the end I had to fill out one of those police request forms for driver details - my insurance company took them to court and I got an extra £200 on top of payment for the damage. Ha!