Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

White Range Rover (K11 ***)

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2014, 09:51 PM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry White Range Rover (K11 ***)

Watch out for this RR, as the driver is very reckless. Was travelling home behind the guy, changed to the slow lane to take my turn on time when it came at the front of my Scooby at 70+mph.

If I hadn't slowed and swerved out of the way my car would've had a great big chunk taken out, if that. Shiver to think what could've been if I didn't notice him in time.

Followed him for a bit after that, but had to give him the finger up, as I was fuming.
Old 01 June 2014, 10:11 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Ok
Old 01 June 2014, 10:19 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If it ends SSS, I would have thought that chap would have learned his lesson after being aggressive with me!
Old 02 June 2014, 10:50 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Go on, what happened?
Old 02 June 2014, 01:46 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

It's a big 4x4 right? I was in my old Clio at the time making my way back from a night shift that had long overrun. Must have been mid 2011.

I came onto a roundabout at traffic lights and he came from the A road traffic from the right, shot by me in the wrong lane and forced me and another car out of the way. He was going mad at both of us. Then he sat in the outside lane going slowly after we pulled off, waving his arms at me in the rear view mirror.

When I eventually overtook the idiot he then started driving up my back, very very close indeed. So I booted it and he fell back. Miles up the road in traffic the ******* then flies past loads of cars, forces the one in front of me out the way and then gets out, shouting abuse. He was older and out of shape, with a really ropey looking bird in the passenger seat - who honestly looked terrified. He was going mental.

When I told him to come closer and say what he had to say to my face he laughed, got back into his car and then started swerving in the middle of the road, stopping cars from coming the other way too.

So I went round him for the second time and then he started driving trying to keep up with me! So I took a turning down a really winding lane I knew, in my rear view mirror I saw his car scuffing the hedgerows - driving like a maniac. My aim was to double back and head to the police station. Anyway, through a tight S bend he tried to straighten it out and went right over a proper Warwickshire pothole - I saw the underside of his bumper as his car made some serious air and a load of sparks come from the underside. The noise suggested some serious damage.

Needless to say, that was the last I saw of him. Phoned the police when I got home who said they'd investigate as they'd had two other calls about the same driver in the last couple of hours.
Old 02 June 2014, 02:18 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I was expecting a roadside fisticuffs hero story. .

This RR guy sounds like he's on crack.
Old 02 June 2014, 03:43 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar

I'm not going to admit to anything in writing but some idiot on a bike flew across my bow through a red light once and decided to pedal after me, and try and open my car door in a busy city centre to tell me why he can break the law and I should move out of his way! Didn't end the way he expected it to!

RR nutter wasn't a small guy by any stretch but I think his intention was to come and hammer on the window and/or take a swing at someone and when he saw that I'm not small he'd keep his distance. I certainly wasn't going to walk up to a nutcase like him and have a go, and certainly not go on the offensive in front of a load of people.

If it's the same guy I'm surprised he's not had someone give him a good hiding, a nasty accident or a serious ticking off by the police.

Unfortunately I've come across some really angry people on the roads over the years and this chap is just one of them. It's because of these experiences I now drive with a camera set up the whole time, next tosser that pulls a stunt will have it mailed to the police.
Old 02 June 2014, 04:13 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yars but he has Range Rover so he's considerably richer than you and can do as he likes, be sure and doff your cap next time boys.
Old 02 June 2014, 05:38 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar

Made this mistake before, I got out to confront someone in Birmingham who had a problem with me, only for me to walk over to his car and the driver accelerate and run me over, went straight over the top of his Rover 25 and landed face down in the middle of the road, lucky enough for me I only got cuts and bruises!!!

Had to go to court and the other driver got 4 months inside for dangerous driving!!!
Old 02 June 2014, 06:30 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Made this mistake before, I got out to confront someone in Birmingham who had a problem with me, only for me to walk over to his car and the driver accelerate and run me over, went straight over the top of his Rover 25 and landed face down in the middle of the road, lucky enough for me I only got cuts and bruises!!!

Had to go to court and the other driver got 4 months inside for dangerous driving!!!
Why did you feel the need to get out? It's asking for trouble! You're lucky you only had cuts and bruises.

I'm not saying I'd mow someone down in the same situation but it would take a lot of restraint for some people to avoid doing so if someone large decided to get out of their car and walk towards them, regardless of whether it's right or not.
Old 02 June 2014, 06:42 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly, if I were the judge i'd call it self defence, remember the lad that got knifed by that Norris bloke, (big time London gangster) got out of his car giving it the 'billy big bollax' and ended up dead in front of his girlfriend.

Sure if your walking down the street and someone has a pop then fair enough defend yourself, but getting out of your car and giving it the great I am is asking for trouble.
Old 02 June 2014, 06:52 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
Why did you feel the need to get out? It's asking for trouble! You're lucky you only had cuts and bruises.

I'm not saying I'd mow someone down in the same situation but it would take a lot of restraint for some people to avoid doing so if someone large decided to get out of their car and walk towards them, regardless of whether it's right or not.

I dont know what made me do it, probably being young at the time, I just felt the red mist!!

My missus went mad at me for doing it, as we had just had our first born a few weeks before, it kind of put it into perspective for me that one incident as it made me think of the "what if" even though I only had cuts and bruises it could have been a lot worse, and it was a big wake up call and changed the way I drive!!

Im the opposite now where I try and avoid those situations and the first thing that comes into my head is what my missus said to me after what had happened!!!

Learned the hard way, and was very lucky!!!
Old 02 June 2014, 08:47 PM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Well, the short of the story was that I had followed this RR driver for a good 5-10 minutes heading home after my 12 hour shift. He was up everybody's backside in the fast lane, so I kinda kept my distance a bit.

After I got to the point where I knew my turn was coming I changed from the outside to the inside lane, using the usual driving signals to indicate my movement, the RR driver was then kept up by a slower vehicle in the outside lane. Soon after that I saw a white blur come from behind without any indication of his movement, keep in mind that this was across three lanes.

That was when he literally came at the front half of my car with the back half of his. And a Range Rover Sport ain't a small car compared to my humble Impreza Sport, I then slowed down and swerved in a quick reaction to counter him taking out my car and forcing me to hit the curb.

Needless to say had I not noticed him I would have been worse off and Scooby-less for a long while.

True @Ditchmyster, they do think that, sure he might have more money than what I've got, but money can't buy common sense or the ability to gain some driving skills.

Mine might only be a humble Impreza Sport, but I still love her like she's a turbo-model and keep her neat and tidy. Sure ain't going to let a RR take her out that easily.

Last edited by Bushy-N/A; 02 June 2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02 June 2014, 09:01 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bushy-N/A
Mine might only be a humble Impreza Sport, but I still love her like she's a turbo-model and keep her neat and tidy. Sure ain't going to let a RR take her out that easily.
You probably/more then likely own your car, The guy in the Range Rover probably/more then likely does not own his car, as he probably paying through the nose with car finance or got it on lease!!! Or I could be talking sh1te and he paid for it in cash!!

You can always look like you got money by putting yourself in debt for a car!!
Old 17 June 2014, 08:53 AM
fergal69
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Solution;

Dash cam & stick footage on You Tube.

If the police can prosecute drivers for doing donoughts on empty car parks from You Tube videos, then surely they can prosecute from road driving footage.

Read somewhere recently that one car insurance company offers discounts for dash cam mounted vehicles.

On way to work this morning almost lost front. Two lanes, one for straight on & other for turning right. As approached junction there was a car indicating & in right turn position. A VW Passat cut in front of me - obviously deciding they didn't want the turn right lane & wanted to go straight on. It was close as he almost hit the car turning right as well as me.

If someone wants to organise a bulk purchase of dash cams then count me in.

Last edited by fergal69; 17 June 2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 21 June 2014, 09:56 AM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fergal69

If someone wants to organise a bulk purchase of dash cams then count me in.
Couldn't agree more - as I posted in a thread previously the Dragonfly Dashcam has a unique Event ID function that records and saves an impact event, meaning you will never record over it. I have no affiliation with this company, but got one for my Impreza and having tested it over the past couple of weeks I know it does the job well. No need to turn it on or off either, it's all automatic. Buy it now on ebay can happen (it's what I did) for £99 and retails on the company site for £250. Get one -and drive happy!
, which includes a nice bugeye I see every morning so it's also good for the 'Was it you?' thread!.

Last edited by ndh01; 21 June 2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: 'bigeye' indeed
Old 21 June 2014, 11:13 AM
fergal69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ndh01
Couldn't agree more - as I posted in a thread previously the Dragonfly Dashcam has a unique Event ID function that records and saves an impact event, meaning you will never record over it. I have no affiliation with this company, but got one for my Impreza and having tested it over the past couple of weeks I know it does the job well. No need to turn it on or off either, it's all automatic. Buy it now on ebay can happen (it's what I did) for £99 and retails on the company site for £250. Get one -and drive happy! I'll upload some footage to show quality soon.
I subscribe to the BTST website & seen his one when it was a pre - release.

Been scouring E - bay for one recently.

Mind you, tried my Galaxy S5 out the other day & that works. All I need is a cradle.

Your video looks good. Did you get an acknowledgement from the other scooby at the island?

Last edited by fergal69; 21 June 2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 21 June 2014, 07:00 PM
ndh01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fergal69
Your video looks good. Did you get an acknowledgement from the other scooby at the island?
Thanks for that - I always get a polite wave from the lady in the bug, even at stupid o'clock.
Old 22 June 2014, 08:26 AM
nozzavtr
Scooby Regular

I would highly recommend getting an in car camera, I own a Blackvue system and whilst it isn't cheap, it's very good picture quality. I recorded an accident a few months ago where a man pulled out and hit a girl in her car, I overheard him saying that it was all her fault etc, sent her the footage which the insurance company got after, and then he admitted full responsibility.
Old 22 June 2014, 03:33 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

I use a mobius dash cam - 43 quid also use it for the mtb and trackdays

change quality to 1080p

or on the bike mounted to a chest mount

i think insurance companys are offering discounts for dash cameras now
Old 22 June 2014, 07:11 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only folk who drive big garish white range rovers around here are Wag wannabes and Pikey folk. While the former don't pose too much trouble, you don't want to mess with the latter.
Old 10 July 2014, 02:01 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
I use a mobius dash cam - 43 quid also use it for the mtb and trackdays

change quality to 1080p

Mobius action camera HD test inside car view 1080p 30fps - YouTube

or on the bike mounted to a chest mount

Ladybower MTB outing - YouTube

i think insurance companys are offering discounts for dash cameras now

How does the Mobius look when fitted to the car?