Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Classic Import

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2013, 11:28 AM
Gerd
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Import

I'm after a classic impreza, import version 4 onwards (sti, ra,type-r all considered)

I appreciate these cars are getting on a bit now and so car park dings and stone chips aren't an issues. I'm not after a show car but will avoid anything with rust (rear arches, round the screen, gutter rails etc)

I'm after something with recent engine work and a few mods. Fresh bottom end, forged internals would be perfect (not something which had an API build at some point in the last decade but you've lost the paper apart from a dyno print out in 2008)

Full history, import paperwork and invoices for any large service/build work are essential. V5 in your name and low number of keepers ideal.

I'm not interested in anything which needs work, smokes, knocks, whines, jumps out of gear, uses water or oil, has 'intermittent' issues, belongs to a friend’s mate's brother, has cheap mods fitted badly or something you got from eBay 5 months ago.

I'm based in North Hertfordshire and really quite lazy so not looking to travel to view any sheds (been there got the t-shirt)

Looking to spend around 4K, it’s a buyers’ market
Old 16 May 2013, 08:53 PM
Dommy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car

Hi

Just wondered if you were interested in a V6 with a semi forged ej257 engine from a 2007 hawkeye STI. It's on a "W" reg and is from what i was told a uk spec but it does have the fog light hanging off the rear bumper so i think is an import.

Engine was fully rebuilt and has only covered about 10k. I have only done about 3000 miles in it in the last 2yrs and only 500 in the last 7months. I have all paper work to show engine work, internals used and cost of everything.

I cycle to work now so hardly ever use it. It has been well looked after but as your aware it is knocking on a bit so has the odd stone chip and a ding here and there.

It has a fmic, k+n induction kit, stage 2 competition clutch, "17 oz allys, P1 exhaust, turbosmart dumpvalve.

Ok so the bad points:
It has been resprayed at some point before i bought the car on a few places.

It has a 5speed gearbox which when really pushed feelsto slip but Richard Henry Autos couldn't find any problem with it when thy took it out and said it pulled like a train.

Because it's a cheap fmic kit the pipes have blown off when doing a bit of spirited driving but i've tightened all hoses properly and they seem to be ok and haven't caused me any problems.

Because i cycle now and can't be bothered with the car i'm after 3.5k for it

Cheers

Dom.