Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Buying an imported STI

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2002, 12:12 AM
Jon743
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you can help me. I am looking at buying an imported wrx sti v3 on a 96 plate. I really dont want to get screwed over on this so was wondering if anyone had any places they could recommend to get one from.

Thanks in advance
Old 13 May 2002, 09:49 AM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

what about here!! no seriously be careful a lot of sharks out there selling clocked, accident repaired.
Why dont you import one yourself it may be cheaper. ask on dealer 3rd party forum for recommendations.
You must look for a full service history with what you are going to buy. It is essential that turbo charged cars maintain servicing schedule as regards oil changes and cam belt.
You may be better off getting one privately that is enthusiast owned and very well cared for.

good luck
Old 14 May 2002, 10:15 AM
Carlos Davey
Scooby Regular

You could try my mates brother Liam on 01343 850 439/07788 585 598 E-mail him at liam@glenbcars.fsnet.co.uk

I have been offered an Imported Impreza of my choice, i.e. request colour, spec etc and he will get me one!

Dunno for sure if he'll be able to get you one but if he can manage it's guaranteed to be cheap, will have no strings attached and you will definitely NOT get screwed.
Old 14 May 2002, 01:17 PM
Jon743
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. I think i will give liam an email. Another place i was looking was japvillage.com. Dont know if there any good though.
Old 14 May 2002, 01:26 PM
Carlos Davey
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

TBH i'm very sceptical about trusting these import dealers, they all just seem a wee bit too dodgy for my liking! The only person i personnaly would trust is Liam Wood, i know where the car'll be coming from and the purchase would be a much more intimate process, i.e. no shady dealer fobbing you off with excuses and lies etc.

He will even carry out servicing for you if you fancy!