Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Aquamist Water Methanol Injection Kit

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2010, 11:48 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquamist Water Methanol Injection Kit

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have an Aquamist system they want to sell?

Please PM me with what you have available.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:10 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi fella I still have not had any comms from the buyer on the Aquamist setup, so may still be for sale.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:41 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Hi fella I still have not had any comms from the buyer on the Aquamist setup, so may still be for sale.
Well if no joy from the buyer then please get in touch but I won't need the resevoir as I'll be using the Spec C 12L resevoir already in my car.

Just one thing Bob Rawle did mention that it is best to use a system that can work off the injector pulse signal, can the system you have do this?

I don't think it is absolutely necessary but nice to have nonetheless.
Old 30 November 2010, 09:52 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Technical blurb for the system and would indicate it does work off the injector pulse.

Product Description

System 2d is for those who would like a 3-D water injection MAP but do not want to spend time mapping. The clever bit of the system is the newly developed FiA2 controller, which reads the PWM signal from the engine’s fuel injectors (including Peak and Hold type) and converts it to drive the High Speed Valve to regulate water flow. It draws less than 10ma from the pulsed line. This enables the water injection to follow a fixed water/fuel ratio. A 3-30psi Adjustable Pressure Switch (normally closed) sets the cut-in point relative to manifold pressure. The system provides a pre-pressurised water line up to 10 bars and the flow rate is metered by our High Speed Valve.

In addition to mirroring the fuel injector pulses, the FiA2 unit monitors the fuels duty cycle and converts it to 0-5volt for the purpose of data logging or to let you know if your stock injectors have maxed out. Two LEDs are mounted on the top side of the box. The green LED indicates successful detection of fuel injector pulses and the red LED lights when water is being injected. (Pre-set manifold pressure is reached) The FiA2 also reads the PWM signal from the centre pin of the Aquamist pump and compares it to the water injection pulses. It can flag an error signal to another 1.5A output drive to trigger a relay or boost limiting solenoid valve to bring the boost pressure to a safe level should a blocked jet be detected.

Last edited by banny sti; 30 November 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 30 November 2010, 10:09 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Thanks Banny, if your buyer does not get in touch soon then please give me first refusal.
Old 02 December 2010, 10:26 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

bUmP