Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Someone to do an engine swop in Northants?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2009, 10:45 PM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone to do an engine swop in Northants?

Im looking for someone who fancies doing me a huge favour by doing an engine swop for me on my car.

The car is an 03 wrx the engine i've bought is from a bugeye and comes with gearbox and all ancilleries attached so a pretty much like for like swop over.

I pick the engine up tomorrow night and can drive it anywhere in the van. My knakcered scoob still drives although i dont know how far as its getting a bit rattly lol so could get both to a garage / workshop etc.

i can hire an engine hoist and will provide anything extra required like oil filter, coolants, oil etc.

A big ask, i dont know if anyone is that kindhearted to do it for me as i cant really afford to pay anyone although i'm sure i could get a nifty fifty together and a crate of beer plus all the tea you can drink.

Am happy help out aswell!

That's it really, i'm in NN10 about 4 miles form santa pod if that helps.

Don't know if i'll get any replies to this but if you dont ask you dont get

Cheers

Jonny
Old 21 September 2009, 10:55 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

if i was closer id come do it! lol just done my classic, had to mix and match between phase 1 and 1.5 gubbins!! mission.

if your good with a spanner you can do it! its even easyer just a straight swap. unbolt the lot, label up your loom and pipes. it really is simple mate, they look more complex than they really are!

good luck mate

Last edited by G-Man1982; 21 September 2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 21 September 2009, 11:15 PM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Cheers scoobyman , it may come to that! I'd be a bit worried, i can only afford to buy one new engine not to lol would rather someone did it who knew what they were doing lol!

Cheers for the reply matey

Jonny
Old 23 September 2009, 08:53 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did an 03 STi engine and cabin wiring loom into an 02 WRX wagon. Engine swap in scoobs are really straight forward. If your gearbox is OK use that as the bugeye engine will bolt straight on and you can leave it in situ, just remove the old engine. The bugeye gearbox is different to yours as you have female inserts where the front driveshafts mate up to the box and the bugeye box has male splines sticking out of it so you would have to change drive shafts.

I'm willing to give my labour in return for your bugeye gearbox and your old engine if you don't want it any more but i need your bugeye gearbox at least. All you need to do is hire the crane to lift the engine out, oil and oil filter, anti-freeze and window washer mix, and i have all the tools, ramps, stands etc.. required to do the job. As long as there are no probs and you give me a hand the engine can be in and out in a day and there aren't that many connectors on the engine wiring loom to remember. Trust me, i rewired my cabin without labelling anything!!

This is my number 07742 983886.

I'm in Northampton.

Cheers, Francis