Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

adui tt keeps raping my arse

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2009, 08:39 AM
filfy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adui tt keeps raping my ****

Can anybody help me i keep getting beat in a race on my way home by an auidi tt, it has happenend a few times now and it pissing me off and the driver is younger and better looking than me, WHAT CAN I DO!!!! any hint or tip will be a good help
Old 16 June 2009, 08:41 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Buy an audi tt???
Old 16 June 2009, 08:43 AM
stoneface
Scooby Regular

Cosmetic surgery.
Old 16 June 2009, 09:04 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

pretend you don't see him?
Old 16 June 2009, 09:24 AM
P1SWRT
Scooby Regular

drive faster.....
Old 16 June 2009, 09:35 AM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

stop being a tit and racing on public roads?
Old 16 June 2009, 09:36 AM
Hudson
Scooby Regular

lol some excellent suggestions
Old 16 June 2009, 09:44 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

The first thing I would suggest is to realise that the Impreza isn't the be all and end all of fast cars. After that you'll stop caring what whoops you **** and life becomes fun again
Old 16 June 2009, 10:01 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Peanuts
The first thing I would suggest is to realise that the Impreza isn't the be all and end all of fast cars.
[newbie mode on] sacrilege, its a rally car, it must be fastest [newbie mode off]
Old 16 June 2009, 10:19 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What are you driving mate?
The Quattro 3.2 TT's are fairly quick; my WRX is lightly modded but saw off one of those without too much issue, especially on the bends.

Also come up against an S3 - on that one I reckon the car's were fairly evenly matched, although again on the bends he just couldn't compete. The WRX was quicker to accelerate, but I couldn't fully get away from him on the straights.

Hehe - a decat and VF35 beckons

hang on - why is this in the wanted forum? Do you want a TT then? lol
Old 16 June 2009, 07:55 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Unless you have an Sti / Sti Prodrive i dont recon a lot of hot hatch/quick cars have a problem keeping up, mine is a WRX PPP and my friends WRX keeps up fine until over 100 (on track days of course!) Other firends have Clio 182, Civic Type R, 206Gti etc etc, they all keep up, yeah 0-60 you can get better starts but i find even on large roundabouts they keep up.. hence i now want a PPP Sti or Type 20/25 etc :-) lol
Old 16 June 2009, 10:25 PM
my silver scoob
Scooby Regular

hells bells,i just bought my first scoob and its only a 98 2000 turbo and you saying clios and civics are as quick? what have i done?
Old 16 June 2009, 10:54 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my silver scoob
hells bells,i just bought my first scoob and its only a 98 2000 turbo and you saying clios and civics are as quick? what have i done?
you have done the right thing,just start saving for your mods
Old 16 June 2009, 11:02 PM
my silver scoob
Scooby Regular

i have started mate by selling you my number plate!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 June 2009, 11:07 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my silver scoob
i have started mate by selling you my number plate!!!!!!!!!!
u have pm my silver scoob,regarding the plate.sorry for the thread hijack!
Old 16 June 2009, 11:20 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by filfy
Can anybody help me i keep getting beat in a race on my way home by an auidi tt, it has happenend a few times now and it pissing me off and the driver is younger and better looking than me, WHAT CAN I DO!!!! any hint or tip will be a good help
Some choices open to you :

1. Uprate your car and then take an advanced driving course in order for you to beat him/her and leave them on the roadside crying to themselves.

2. Ignore them and drive on safe in the knowledge that you are the better person even though they whipped your ****.

3. Drive a different route home.

The choice is yours, if there is one.
Old 17 June 2009, 02:10 AM
saxx
Scooby Regular

get infront of him somehow and yank your handbrake as hard as you can...
Old 17 June 2009, 01:21 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

**Sorry double post**

Last edited by MrNoisy; 17 June 2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 17 June 2009, 01:22 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by LWells
Unless you have an Sti / Sti Prodrive i dont recon a lot of hot hatch/quick cars have a problem keeping up, mine is a WRX PPP and my friends WRX keeps up fine until over 100 (on track days of course!) Other firends have Clio 182, Civic Type R, 206Gti etc etc, they all keep up, yeah 0-60 you can get better starts but i find even on large roundabouts they keep up.. hence i now want a PPP Sti or Type 20/25 etc :-) lol
Civic Type R's ain't that quick mate - the WRX is faster 0-60 marginally, but get to 60-70 and you'll annihilate them as they run out of steam rapidly. I gave one a head start up a dual carriageway and still caught up with him no problem even though he was revving the **** off it.
As for a 206 GTI, unless it's a 180 it won't get close.

On long sweeping bends cars like that shouldn't really stand a chance unless you're backing off - with the right tyres and suspension geometry you shouldn't have to and they shouldn't be getting near you.

Obviously all this said, a lot depends on the driver, what they're comfortable with and how good they are with the car, OR how insane they are and how risky they are prepared to be on the road - sadly there are plenty of the latter, generally in knackered old Novas, Corsas or Fiestas.

I've had an Astra van (yes a van) try and race me, and when it became clear he couldn't out-accelerate me he started doing crazy stuff like driving on the wrong side of chicanes down a public road at which point I backed right off and let him go - it really is NOT worth taking those sorts of risks when you don't have to prove the point in the first place!

I normally laugh when a corsa or a festa pulls alongside you at the lights and you can see they're trying to bait you into a race - it's just a waste of fuel - you know who will win!

BTW - re your PPP not being much quicker than your mate's WRX I'd get it on the rollers mate - sounds like something ain't quite right there, unless possibly your mate has the 2.5 block and therefore maybe a bit more torque?
My car has pretty much the equivalent to all of the standard WRX PPP mods (I/C silicon piping, cat-back stainless exhaust and a custom remap) and it's noticeably quicker than a standard WRX in acceleration and top-end, but let's face it - it is only about another 30-35bhp, plus the PPP is a generic map and isn't done to suit your car so getting a bespoke remap may well yield more power.

Last edited by MrNoisy; 17 June 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 17 June 2009, 06:13 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
Civic Type R's ain't that quick mate - the WRX is faster 0-60 marginally, but get to 60-70 and you'll annihilate them as they run out of steam rapidly. I gave one a head start up a dual carriageway and still caught up with him no problem even though he was revving the **** off it.
As for a 206 GTI, unless it's a 180 it won't get close.

On long sweeping bends cars like that shouldn't really stand a chance unless you're backing off - with the right tyres and suspension geometry you shouldn't have to and they shouldn't be getting near you.

Obviously all this said, a lot depends on the driver, what they're comfortable with and how good they are with the car, OR how insane they are and how risky they are prepared to be on the road - sadly there are plenty of the latter, generally in knackered old Novas, Corsas or Fiestas.

I've had an Astra van (yes a van) try and race me, and when it became clear he couldn't out-accelerate me he started doing crazy stuff like driving on the wrong side of chicanes down a public road at which point I backed right off and let him go - it really is NOT worth taking those sorts of risks when you don't have to prove the point in the first place!

I normally laugh when a corsa or a festa pulls alongside you at the lights and you can see they're trying to bait you into a race - it's just a waste of fuel - you know who will win!

BTW - re your PPP not being much quicker than your mate's WRX I'd get it on the rollers mate - sounds like something ain't quite right there, unless possibly your mate has the 2.5 block and therefore maybe a bit more torque?
My car has pretty much the equivalent to all of the standard WRX PPP mods (I/C silicon piping, cat-back stainless exhaust and a custom remap) and it's noticeably quicker than a standard WRX in acceleration and top-end, but let's face it - it is only about another 30-35bhp, plus the PPP is a generic map and isn't done to suit your car so getting a bespoke remap may well yield more power.
Hi :-) yeah re the PPP, when i had it done i though it was so much better, felt much more responsive and more power higher up, i was shocked to find my mates car kept up, standard 54plate mine is an 05 plate. However mine has done half the miles of his so maybe that accounts for a bit. Yes higher up i start to pull and we have done tests such as go side by side at 50 in 4th and floor it, mine pulls away gradually, increasing as the speed does. This is what has put me off a remap.. ie the extra 35bhp has not made much odds... so if i spend 1k modding the car then 550 on a remap.. to get another 35bhp... am i still not going to gain much! When i drove a 02Sti PPP it was Soooo quick!

Thinking back i drove a civic type r and it wasnt as quick as mine, the one i raced must have been modified, my mates 182 defo keeps up and the 206 is a 180, like you say it depends how mad you go, mine is set up with tein springs at powerstation so should be ok! mine changes direction quicker so on twisty roads id have them but roundabouts ppl tend to keep up!

as for Corsa's! i wouldnt have one if you paid me.. however! a friend has one thats 270BHP... in a straight line.. well its Quick! once the power is down he keeps up and if his car didnt fall apart it would prob get past me! however handling/brakes are crap so on anything but a drag race he cant get anywhere near :-)

all good fun tho :-)
Old 17 June 2009, 06:49 PM
l33 griff
Scooby Regular

stick a big turbo on, get it mapped, and do the other bits. get to the 450bhp stage then you wont have to much of a problem with most things on the road.
Old 19 June 2009, 08:13 PM
HAWKEYE BEAST
BANNED

buy a proper sti 2.5 and chuck £5000 into it should pull the for skin back
Old 19 June 2009, 08:44 PM
micky boy
Scooby Regular

thought this was the wanted section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!