Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

WANTED URGENTLY for turbo

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2008, 06:08 PM
scooby46
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED URGENTLY for turbo

I have a v2 sti which ive just bought a front entry turbo for. Ive decided i dont want to go the front entry route, instead i want to go the original way which is fit a 90 degree rubber pipe on the inlet of the turbo and join it to the original maf back pipe. What i want to know is does anyone make a rubber pipe that comes out of the turbo and in to the back of the maf with all the holes in for breathers etc etc???? Cheers
Old 13 November 2008, 08:43 PM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a nightmare trying to find the pipe you're talking about. I don't think they sell them anymore (never seen one ever come to think of it). Someone on here did say they used the V4 '98 type on their '95 in the sale section several months ago but I don't know if they had to modify it at all.

Anyway, here's what I did - I got an induction kit & oil catch can (see group buy section). After fitting these you have no need for outlets on the 90 degree pipe anymore! Buy an induction kit specific to the V1-V2 Impreza so you get the additional metal pipe connector which comes with two outlets on it (one for the icv & another for vacuum to the 3 port I think). Secondly, the oil catch can removes the need for the remaining oil breather holes on the pipe you're trying to replace.

Then all you'd need to buy is a 90 degree silicone hose reducer (60-54mm or 60-51mm for a very tight fit - 60mm should be the size of the additional metal connecting pipe that comes with the induction kit & the smaller size is the turbo inlet of the TD05 16G).

Loads of benefits doing all this I find:
1. The silicone hose is supposed to be 'better' than the ribbed hose you're trying to replace as it's doesn't disturb the airflow going in
2. Removes endless unnecessary pipework & engine bay looks cleaner
3. Gets rid of all the oil breather residue rubbish being put back into your air inlet

Hope this helps - & it's just an opinion. You might be better posting this in the General Technical section for other people's thoughts.