Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Sigma M30 remote type AC38 wanted please

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2006, 10:51 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Sigma M30 remote type AC38 wanted please

Hi

I'm after a spare remote for my Sigma M30. I've been told that the type of remote I'm after is an AC38. Here's a picture of my remote.

Does anyone have a good spare hanging around from a car they've sold or something please?

Thanks
Old 06 February 2006, 08:47 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bttt
Old 06 February 2006, 09:50 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new one off Ebay for £20.

Try do a search on Ebay for 'sigma remote' - there are a few on at the moment.

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 06 February 2006, 10:37 PM
V5-APS
Scooby Regular

I have an as new one you can have for £20 inc. delivery
PM me if interested
Old 15 February 2006, 11:30 PM
vertew
Scooby Regular

Default Go here for spare Sigma M30 parts

I bought one of these recently.

Call 0208 710 7795. Can't remember what company this is, might be Toad, but they can sell you what you need!

Part numbers are:
- Remote fob unit: SIGAC38
- Plastic fob backplate (they sometimes fall off): SIGAC51

cheers.

Old 17 February 2006, 10:25 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by vertew
I bought one of these recently.

Call 0208 710 7795. Can't remember what company this is, might be Toad, but they can sell you what you need!

Part numbers are:
- Remote fob unit: SIGAC38
- Plastic fob backplate (they sometimes fall off): SIGAC51

cheers.

The phone number above is for the VTD (Vehicle Technology Division) of TG21 (Formerly Toad Group) who are the parent company of both Toad and Sigma products.
As such you will not be able to buy directly without an account, but they will be able to advise you of your nearest retailer.

The part numbers listed above are all good for the Sigma M30 and the standard fit UK supplied Subaru systems from 99MY-02MY, although the transmitter was re-designed to fit within the ignition key housing for 01MY on vehicles.

The separate Radio Key (Sig AC38) is also avilable from your Subaru dealer with the Blue Subaru decal (part number SACC3461) for a not unreasonable £40 if this is more convenient (compared to £80+ for most maufacturers).

If you require the Sigma transmitter PCB that fits within the ignition key (01MY on) and the accomadating key housing then this is only available from a Subaru dealer (part number SACC 3507 iro £43).

In both cases the new Radio Keys can be programmed to the system yourself using the keypad and the sequence below:

- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*n# (where n is the total number of keys required to work the system)
- Press each Radio Key briefly in turn (the dash board LED will flash and the siren beep each time)
- Once the nth Radio Key has been programmed, you should be able to arm/disarm the system using any of the Radio Keys programmed.

It is essential that all Radio Keys required to operate the system are programmed together. Any keys not present during the programming sequence above will no longer operate the system.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Hope this helps.
SS