Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Replacement Turbo wanted (99 V turbo wagon)

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2006, 11:53 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Turbo wanted (99 V turbo wagon)

I'm looking for a replacement turbo for my UK supplied MY99 V reg 2.0L turbo 5Dr which has finally died at 117000 miles!!!! Car is totally standard and due to mileage do not want to inflict a high power upgraded turbo on the old thing as worried if it will cope but am open to suggestions as some more power would be nice. Straight fit turbo's only (unless it's really simple mod), can't be bothred modifying this that and the other...too damn lazy!!!

So if anyone has upgraded their standard or other turbo's and have a suitable one lying around from a low mileage car or new please let me know including price wanted.

thanks in advance, any help appreciated as money is a bit tight at the moment.....what can ya do!

If you need me to check anything please let me know.

Stales
Old 08 January 2006, 11:45 AM
stiginger
Scooby Regular

Hi mate i have a standerd turbo what come off my 99 turbo for sale worked fine when it was taken off if your intersted give me an offer..
Old 08 January 2006, 12:17 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiginger
Hi mate i have a standerd turbo what come off my 99 turbo for sale worked fine when it was taken off if your intersted give me an offer..
Cheers stiginger, Can you let me know how many miles it's done when taken off and how longs its been sat around since? Definately interested and not sure how much it's worth??? Car is going into subaru garage tomorrow to confirm it's definately the turbo (but will not be repaired there...it would probably cost more than the car is worth, ha!). Cheers Stales.
Old 08 January 2006, 01:42 PM
stiginger
Scooby Regular

The turbo was taken off about a month ago and the milage on the car is 70.000 im looking about £100 pound if thats any good to ya
Old 08 January 2006, 06:02 PM
rabsmith
Scooby Newbie

More details like what numbers are stamped on the turbo would help?If u could tell us if it is a td04 or td05 or even a vf series turbo?
Old 08 January 2006, 06:17 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rabsmith
More details like what numbers are stamped on the turbo would help?If u could tell us if it is a td04 or td05 or even a vf series turbo?
Rabsmith,
Can't find any markings on it in situ, I think the plate is underneath. It is whatever is supplied originally on an V reg 1999 UK impreza turbo 5dr, I think I read somewhere on here it's a td04 but ????

cheers
stales

Last edited by stales; 08 January 2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09 January 2006, 12:53 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Just to let you know I took the car to the Subaru Garage today as they'd told me to and they wouldn't look at it as they were too busy...great service! Anyway, it's now booked in for Thusday all day. They did say however it would possibly be the wastegate actuator or boost solenoid that were faulty or it could be the turbo. Basically the car runs fine but there is absolutely no turbo boost coming in and power loss where the turbo should come in. no loose pipes, wires, no smoke so.... Any advice anyone (wrong board now but)?
Cheers, Stales
Old 12 January 2006, 06:27 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stales
I'm looking for a replacement turbo for my UK supplied MY99 V reg 2.0L turbo 5Dr which has finally died at 117000 miles!!!! Car is totally standard and due to mileage do not want to inflict a high power upgraded turbo on the old thing as worried if it will cope but am open to suggestions as some more power would be nice. Straight fit turbo's only (unless it's really simple mod), can't be bothred modifying this that and the other...too damn lazy!!!

So if anyone has upgraded their standard or other turbo's and have a suitable one lying around from a low mileage car or new please let me know including price wanted.

thanks in advance, any help appreciated as money is a bit tight at the moment.....what can ya do!

If you need me to check anything please let me know.

Stales

Right, the saga continues, my car went into the main dealer today to find out why the turbo wasn't functioning. The findings were as follows:

1) Air Flow meter (Revs dropping whatever that means?) faulty. Replace. Part number 22794AA010 £70.70 +labour +VAT. This will apparently melt the pistons if its not replaced. Would not cause turbo symptoms though but may have helped damage turbo due to overheating?

2) Starter motor noisy. Remove and clean or replace.(think i'll give that a miss!!)

3) Possible turbo or wastegate faulty (probable casue of turbo loss). They apparently couldn't say whether it was definitely faulty unless they dismantmed the turbo etc to inspect but the engine was too hot after their drive (even though they had the car all day!). They said the whole unit has to be replaced if found faulty as wastgate is integral part of unit, not available seperately if it was that. They said it wouldn't be the boost solenoid as doesn't tend to fail with no boost. I asked what model of turbo it was, TD04 etc and they didn't know, said they'd never heard of those types of numbers but part number required is: 14411AA261 cost £974.92+labour+VAT. Labour £95/hr.

Any suggestions, comments? help?
Anyone know what turbo model this is?
Cheap parts?
Old 12 January 2006, 08:13 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

Right from the car it could have a td04 turbo but u could post in general technical and they will tell u for sure, I would say that u should get it repaired from some other place than the dealers as they charge a lot for labour mainly, others charge from 20 to 30 ish would seem o.k
now cheap parts, well this is the place but post in scoobynet general to ask where is the best place to go... where abouts are u as if u go down the forums and onto events area, events mainly but u may find the area u are in and who can help u there..
Old 12 January 2006, 08:21 PM
stales
Scooby Regular

Thanks killa. I am in cheshire by the way.