Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Front LSD, 10-12Kg center Diff, STi gear set

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2005, 06:49 AM
pluggy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front LSD, 10-12Kg center Diff, STi gear set

Hi,
I am looking for the following for a 94 WRX

Front LSD,
Center diff 10 to 12 KG (or cuscu type with 35-65% split)
STi gear set or aftermarket set.

Will buy the bits individually or if someone has a similar spec box built I will buy the box.

Thanks Jonathan
Old 29 August 2005, 11:04 AM
colin c
Scooby Regular

I have got a 94 WRX gearbox for sale that was rebuilt by Thames Valley Motorsport about 8,000 miles ago. The box was rebuilt with an STI type RA gearset to give give similar gearing to the RA but still retaining the standard WRX 4.11:1 diffs. The box has still got the standard front and centre diffs fitted. The only fault with the box when it was removed was it slightly crunched going into 5th which should now be fixed as 5th gear locknut had worked loose.

I was quoted £300 for the rebuild but as I went for the STI gearset the final bill was £850 I'm looking for about £400 for the box.

Colin.
Old 29 August 2005, 01:32 PM
pluggy
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Colin
I will see what else people notify me of either on here or by PM.and then I will let you know.
Thanks
Jonathan

Originally Posted by colin c
I have got a 94 WRX gearbox for sale that was rebuilt by Thames Valley Motorsport about 8,000 miles ago. The box was rebuilt with an STI type RA gearset to give give similar gearing to the RA but still retaining the standard WRX 4.11:1 diffs. The box has still got the standard front and centre diffs fitted. The only fault with the box when it was removed was it slightly crunched going into 5th which should now be fixed as 5th gear locknut had worked loose.

I was quoted £300 for the rebuild but as I went for the STI gearset the final bill was £850 I'm looking for about £400 for the box.

Colin.