Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

SELL ME YOUR IMPREZA ???

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2005, 09:35 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELL ME YOUR IMPREZA ???

Hi, been looking for an Impreza, but havent found anything I like yet ( mostly hugely overpriced or badly modded ). So, if you are selling yours or know of anything that may suit :

What I definitely want :

Turbo model
Taxed & Tested
FSH with recent service done - have seen enough cars people are trying to shift cos they dont want to pay for the next one !!!
Standard Engine ( unless any mod work has been professionally done by someone who knows what they are doing, with receipts etc... )
4 DOOR !!!!!
Reasonable mileage ( e.g. nothing over 100K )
MUST BE A UK CAR - NO IMPORTS PLEASE ( the insurance will kill me ! )
No DIY bodges to fit extra parts etc... dont mind sensible upgrades etc...
CAT1 alarm and immob

What would be nice, but not essential :

High level rear spoiler
CD player ( pref multidisc )
Either blue, met silver or red

Have around 5K - 6K cash, so looking at L to P reg cars, depending on mileage, condition etc....

PLEASE - no dogs ! I dont mind the odd stone chip, small mark and normal wear, but nothing really rough or with a knackered interior, as there are plenty like this I can buy locally for under £5K !

So.... if anyone can help, or is looking to sell their car that fits roughly the criteria above please let me know.

I'm in Cardiff but cant travel too far to look at cars as I only have the bike for transport at the mo - if the car looks right etc... dont mind covering all sellers expenses if they can bring it down this way.

Cheers
Mike

P.S. if nobody can help I WILL have to go and buy a Peugot 106 instead

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 17 June 2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 17 June 2005, 09:44 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

enjoy the peugeot mate.

I would seriously consider an import, the costs involved for the insurance hike is minimal if you have a cat 1 alarm immob and maybe tracker anyway.

plus you usually find that uk cars are higher mileage with rust, and not as many of the extras that you want.

for instance my wrx costs me £590 fully comp (32 years old, 1 yncb, elephant) quoted for a my97 uk turbo wagon was £516 (also with elephant)

for the sake of 2 tanks of petrol.

good luck with your hunt, (id be looking in the autotrader)

jamo
Old 17 June 2005, 09:59 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Have 0 ncb - elephant are charging me £1300 for TPFT ( as long as the car is under £5K value ) or £1700 for fullly comp - getting an import would add approx £400 to this ( and I'm about 6 months away from 32 !!! )

So - you can see why I'd prefer a UK car !!!!

Have toyed with just getting a much later plate for around £9K from a dealer, but its a lot to spend on what is basically a toy as I dont really need to use a car that much.

Have checked AT - lots of imports, lots of 5 door, and very few decent UK cars.

One problem is what people sell for compared to the book value - OK, I know that the car is worth what someone will pay, but as most insurance comps will only pay out book, then if the worst happens, losing an extra £1000 to £1500 is a bit of a downer.

Mike

Do they do a 4wd Turbo 106 ?

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 17 June 2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 17 June 2005, 10:58 AM
Bullet Boy
Scooby Regular

Default WRX for sale

Sent you a private mail, sorry an E-Mail to your tesco account

Mike

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Have 0 ncb - elephant are charging me £1300 for TPFT ( as long as the car is under £5K value ) or £1700 for fullly comp - getting an import would add approx £400 to this ( and I'm about 6 months away from 32 !!! )

Have toyed with just getting a much later plate for around £9K from a dealer, but its a lot to spend on what is basically a toy as I dont really need to use a car that much.

One problem is what people sell for compared to the book value - OK, I know that the car is worth what someone will pay, but as most insurance comps will only pay out book, then if the worst happens, losing an extra £1000 to £1500 is a bit of a downer.

Mike

Old 17 June 2005, 11:44 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

have sent you an email mike, thanks
Old 18 June 2005, 05:52 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the offers so far, but please note :

I CANT INSURE ANY IMPORTS !!!!

The best (!) quote I have had for a 95 WRX is £3300 ! this is for a car valued at £5K - I can insure a UK Turbo of the same age and value for less than a third of that.

If anyone has got a nice UK car going that roughly fits the criteria, please let me know.

Thanks
Mike
Old 18 June 2005, 09:16 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

I'm 26 and have a Impreza wrx sti RA-Vltd and insured with Norwich union and costs £749 fully comp with only 2 years no claims as I was 3 years as a named driver. I think its worth shopping around abit and I live in magor.

Oh yes I have a 1996 Impreza WRX STI RA V-LTD forsale in the general sale section if interested.
Old 19 June 2005, 11:21 AM
SpudLocker
Scooby Newbie

Wink Why people ask more than 'Book'.

Hi Mike,

you would do well to stick around for a scooby, it's a different world to the peugeot way. I've been trying to sell my late 98 red uk 5 door in South Wales for a couple of weeks now and when people say £6000 is over book (trying to sound like they know what they are talking about), i try to explain to them that in such books as Glass's guide etc, book price is the amount aDealer may offer them in part exchange! If i wanted book price i would go to a dealer. chop mine in and be £1500 down on the deal. Insurance companies dont just give you book. An assessor will assess what condition your motor was in before it was damaged/stolen. It would probably be above book price if it was stolen , yet you had photographs of it in all it's splendor.

Any way mate, if you are out Rhoose way and fancy looking at my Red 5 door, FSH, 77000 and beautiful, give me a ring on (01446) 792871,
Cheers,

555spud

Mike

Old 20 June 2005, 08:22 AM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Have toyed with just getting a much later plate for around £9K from a dealer
You can buy mine for less than that
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=425882

UK car BTW
Old 20 June 2005, 05:00 PM
kwakman
Scooby Regular

Got just the thing for you Mike, YHPM
Old 20 June 2005, 06:30 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Thanks all for the various offers - main reason I'm having probs on the import insurance as I have only just passed my test ( long story ! ) - but being seen as a 'new driver' means they are funny about insuring it.

Will get back to everyone tomorrow when I've got more time

Cheers
Mike
Old 30 June 2005, 10:17 PM
graham72
Scooby Regular

hi, you still looking? ive got a MY99 uk classic dbm (facelift model) that you could have standard or with subtle mods (pdf7's, full h+s decat, jdm folding mirrors, prodrive wrsport boot spoiler, colour coded, defi link gauges in top dash pod) message me for more details if your interested, always open to discussion regarding price, mods etc!
Old 30 June 2005, 10:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

prob worth getting a smaller cheap car (little 106 for about £1000 should do ya) and getting years no claims, best to start out walking before you run mate. not a good idea to jump into a car like a scoob without any experiance.
Old 05 July 2005, 01:05 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

you can have mine.
my98 uk silver 4 door,f s/s zorst,dump valve,induction kit. £4500
mail me ill send ya pics.