Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Exhaustitis - seeking cure for habit.

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2001, 11:03 PM
Akira
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to have contracted the highly contageous Exhaustitis. Symptoms seem to be changing your backbox on a regular basis (3 in 6 months) and the urge to get your mates to drive behind you listening to the exhaust note.

Help me feed my habit by offering me your backbox. Anything considered but great sound and performance gain seem to give me the biggest fix.

Please help me.

Old 22 April 2001, 11:16 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Wink

Keep away from Walker, He is a catalyst for this ailment.
Old 22 April 2001, 11:31 PM
Akira
Scooby Regular

Hiya mikey,

The guy need's to be quarantined for sure!
He is a health hazard to all Scooby owners. "Try it" he said about the Blitz in a Southern American drawl, "you might just like it". I did like it and then found out it used to be his ...... bugger, infected!! . Sold it to Ian Gratton and I think he's showing the early signs.

I am now a minion to the ZORST GOD. LOL

Old 22 April 2001, 11:51 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Akira (or Spin King) you big jessie, how about you go get a life ?

Cheers

Ian

[This message has been edited by IWatkins (edited 22 April 2001).]
Old 23 April 2001, 07:00 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Wink

aahh, my disciples, you are only in the early stages of this terrible curse

The need for different sounds emerging from the rear of your car is extremley serious.
Expect the symptoms to get worse before they get better.
I`m starting to see the the end of what i thought was an incurable disease, after having 8 backboxes in 18 months
This particular strain of the germ is probably being contracted through the Blitz backbox and for sure is now airborn. Beware if you live in Derby as this is where it is most concentrated at the moment.

There is one other strain of this virus waiting to be released. I have it at the moment, kept in a bio-hazard storage unit (my garage) and it is the Jun replica back box. This particular backbox is probably the deadliest of all and would be catastrophic if it was to be released. The Ebola virus looks like a common cold compared to the Jun!

Cures for this disease that i have found most effective are Wives and gardens.
The peculiar thought of spending huge amounts of money on landscaping a garden seems to have helped slow down the rate of which the virus spreads. I might add that i can only see this being a temporary cure, as this disease can lye dormant in the body for months.

You have been warned!

Paul
Old 23 April 2001, 12:11 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

****...damn right its catching....

did my first motorway run the other day....the Blitz scares people. I saw another silver turbo on the M1...but he didn't acknowledge me...I reckon the wall of sound from the exhaust was making it difficult for him to move his head LOL.

Arrive Home very disoriented....can't hear very well...but hey...its fun.

Mrs Gratton (to be) says 'why do you insist on making your new car sound like a clapped out old dragster ?' LOL

Ian.

[This message has been edited by igratton (edited 23 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 11:31 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Gardening and wives are only a brief respite. In the end these cures are not cures at all but only a medicine to to treat the symptoms, not the cause.

I can promise you that the disease *will* flare up again, I'm sorry, but that is how it is.

If you find this happening, maybe you might consider using the 'DIY' medicine. Again, just treats the symptoms, but can alleviate it for quite a while. However, this treatment is usually quite expensive.

Other treatments you could try are the 'long duration exotic holiday', 'major home structure changes', and the very expensive (and has some nasty side effects) 'wedding' treatments.

It is not good news I'm afraid.

Ian